Foreign Transcripts Info

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

luaylu

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just a general service announcement: I some classes abroad before matriculating at college. ONE of those grades was transferred to my undergrad school, just as generic "transfer credit" and didn't impact my GPA. I contacted AACOMAS, and they confirmed those transcripts need to be evaluated by a transcript evaluation service. It's going to take a few weeks to get this done. First, I needed to send a signed form to the school requesting my transcripts, then, all the transcripts need to be mailed to the evaluation service, and they take a week or two to evaluate. Then they send them to AACOMAS to verify. This is going to delay me by at least a month, prob more. I feel like an idiot for not realizing I needed to do this earlier.

If you think you might need to do this too, find out, and do it ASAP!

Members don't see this ad.

You will have to go through WES, they have a current 7 day turn around time....I had to get mine done from SGU SOM, since I went there...

Oh joy... what is the "evaluation service" you have to send them to? I studied abroad as well, and it's the same thing on my transcripts where it shows up as transfer credits but doesn't show the grades. It's already going to be a hassle getting my transcripts sent from abroad, now this....

Members don't see this ad :)
I had the same issue, but mine was VERY complicated since the abroad school wanted me to request the transcript in person and wait for 10 business day to give it to me. They did not want mail at all. I talked the AACOMAS and explained to them that would cost me more than $1000.00 bucks to travel and stay for 10 business day in that foreign country... They (AACOMAS) called the school and I guess they verified the courses, and they gave me a waiver. On the other hand, AMCAS did not request that transcript at all since these classes were transferable i.e they appeared in my USA college transcript.

Just a general service announcement: I some classes abroad before matriculating at college. ONE of those grades was transferred to my undergrad school, just as generic "transfer credit" and didn't impact my GPA. I contacted AACOMAS, and they confirmed those transcripts need to be evaluated by a transcript evaluation service. It's going to take a few weeks to get this done. First, I needed to send a signed form to the school requesting my transcripts, then, all the transcripts need to be mailed to the evaluation service, and they take a week or two to evaluate. Then they send them to AACOMAS to verify. This is going to delay me by at least a month, prob more. I feel like an idiot for not realizing I needed to do this earlier.

If you think you might need to do this too, find out, and do it ASAP!

Hey, did you have to send the signed form to the school requesting your transcripts or did the specific school request the form? Has your stuff gotten sent to AACOMAS yet?

Hey, did you have to send the signed form to the school requesting your transcripts or did the specific school request the form? Has your stuff gotten sent to AACOMAS yet?

You print the form and send it to the school, they act on it. My stuff is already in AACOMAS

You print the form and send it to the school, they act on it. My stuff is already in AACOMAS

Even if they said they would send it already? Do they have to send that form in with the transcripts they send to WES? I'm just trying to avoid an extra step if I can so I'll probably just call WES and ask if it's necessary.

Do you guys know where to find that transcript request form? I can't find it anywhere on the website

Thank you so much!!!

Reactions: 1 user
No problem. Please jump on this right away, my friend is having trouble getting this stuff in a timely fashion, theyre taking their due time now apparently.

No problem. Please jump on this right away, my friend is having trouble getting this stuff in a timely fashion, theyre taking their due time now apparently.

Trying my best! I just need my university to send the transcripts at this point. Did you by any chance have to provide a phone number to your school for WES? I provided mine with the phone number online, but if you call that one it's a bunch of extensions to call and takes forever to get someone on the line

Thank you so much!!!

Trying my best! I just need my university to send the transcripts at this point. Did you by any chance have to provide a phone number to your school for WES? I provided mine with the phone number online, but if you call that one it's a bunch of extensions to call and takes forever to get someone on the line

I didnt provide a phone number because getting in touch with my school is a pain in the butt....mostly everything is electronic so it was hassle free....just fedex it, leave a paper trail so you know exactly where it is....

I didnt provide a phone number because getting in touch with my school is a pain in the butt....mostly everything is electronic so it was hassle free....just fedex it, leave a paper trail so you know exactly where it is....

Yeah it's the dang school I went to that requires a phone # for their courier. So I'm just hoping and crossing my fingers that it'll work out. I wish we could just send stuff directly to AACOMAS like AMCAS allows