Forfivo XL

Started by rph3664
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rph3664

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How's this for a wacky drug name? It's an extended release bupropion tablet in the 450mg strength.

(rimshot)

And yesterday, a doctor ordered imipenem-cilastatin, which my facility doesn't use much, and I had a hard time convincing a nurse that it was an antibiotic, not a cholesterol med.
 
How's this for a wacky drug name? It's an extended release bupropion tablet in the 450mg strength.

(rimshot)

And yesterday, a doctor ordered imipenem-cilastatin, which my facility doesn't use much, and I had a hard time convincing a nurse that it was an antibiotic, not a cholesterol med.

I guarantee you that she's still not convinced.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Don't doses above 400mg/day lower the seizure threshold significantly more than lower doses? If so, how does this drug exist?

Also, about the price, not gonna be surprised if it costs $450.
 
It's the immediate release bupropion that's more likely to cause seizures. I've seen 600mg extended release daily, but this was at a place that did inpatient psych.