Form EM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

peeps

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone??

I thought PS and BS were rough, but, VR seemed much better than what others had.

Am I alone here?? LOL

Members don't see this ad.

PS was horrible, VR was nice but I was so frazzled by the PS that I might have screwed up the first couple. B.S. was avg

Monkey12 said:
PS was horrible, VR was nice but I was so frazzled by the PS that I might have screwed up the first couple. B.S. was avg

huh??? I thought PS was easy, VR the hardest, and BS average. AAAHHHH!

jlee05 said:
huh??? I thought PS was easy, VR the hardest, and BS average. AAAHHHH!

except for that ridiculous passage in BS...I don't know what I can say without breaking the rules....lets try the "fly one"...that was tough

Members don't see this ad :)
oh thank god! I actually CRIED after PS. it was humiliating. I agree VR was a sweet piece of cake. And BS was rough. The physics seemed to pick the physics topics i am worst at. evil physics. oh well. the g-chem wasn't too bad. the o-chem i was not happy with. and the "fly" I think I got zero right on.... fingers crossed for all of us EM'ers...

MiesVanDerMom said:
oh thank god! I actually CRIED after PS. it was humiliating. I agree VR was a sweet piece of cake. And BS was rough. The physics seemed to pick the physics topics i am worst at. evil physics. oh well. the g-chem wasn't too bad. the o-chem i was not happy with. and the "fly" I think I got zero right on.... fingers crossed for all of us EM'ers...

what the heck was that magnetic field one with some crazy contraption?

Monkey12 said:
what the heck was that magnetic field one with some crazy contraption?

Yeah, I used a few of my guesses up on that one.

I can't remember everything, but let me run down a few that really sucked...

PS That one above.
PS Gallileo
VR Verbal section minus the last passage.
BS The fly one.
BS Two of the orgo passages.

I thought the BS physiology questions were easy...just going to pray for the curve in VR.

What about you guys?

i was reading another thread and apparently we got more orgo than everyone else. and i usually do well on orgo, but this orgo i did not do so well with. all the magnetism in PS threw me. i hate magnetic fields... the first verbal passage was mind-numbing and so was the one that mentioned snow white

A good amount of the physics involved seemed drawn from typical undergrad 1st and 2nd year labs, which was nice.

Now, whether my strategy of never taking an organic chem course in my life and just winging it based on positives and negatives will work out....I am less confident about. Gooooooo curve.....

I thought there was an awful lot of organic! Yuck.

Most of the bio passages seemed ok, I was very thankful to be in genetics currently for the "fly" one, but it was still pretty hard, so who knows

Verbal, meh, it seemed ok, but who really knows with verbal?

Annnd physical sciences, I guessed ALOT. Like someone else said on this thread, I feel like it really played to my weak physics areas (magnetism and such).

Oh well, it's over, right?

My brain is so fried right now but i'm pretty sure my version was EM...

Here are my thoughts...

PS
-found this to be decent...a lot of g chem, which i liked
-but..hated that magnetic/turbine passage....i couldnt figure out what it was doing

VR
-the passages were ok...but the questions required a lot of going back to the passage
-but overall, easier than last august

BS
-for the first half it was smooth sailing...wasnt even concerned about the time
-then i got to the orgo near the end and WHOA...if thats not experimental, i'll go nuts!
-and the fly passage was annoying as well....

Hopefully i dont have to write this again..cuz overall i feel a lot better than last time... :luck:

~CDN Pre-med~ said:
My brain is so fried right now but i'm pretty sure my version was EM...

Here are my thoughts...

PS
-found this to be decent...a lot of g chem, which i liked
-but..hated that magnetic/turbine passage....i couldnt figure out what it was doing

VR
-the passages were ok...but the questions required a lot of going back to the passage
-but overall, easier than last august

BS
-for the first half it was smooth sailing...wasnt even concerned about the time
-then i got to the orgo near the end and WHOA...if thats not experimental, i'll go nuts!
-and the fly passage was annoying as well....

Hopefully i dont have to write this again..cuz overall i feel a lot better than last time... :luck:
I totally agree about BS, the time was not an issue at all b/c i was flying through it.
But then the last 2 passages just ate up a ton of time and I found myself barely finishing. Annoying.

MiesVanDerMom said:
i was reading another thread and apparently we got more orgo than everyone else. and i usually do well on orgo, but this orgo i did not do so well with. all the magnetism in PS threw me. i hate magnetic fields... the first verbal passage was mind-numbing and so was the one that mentioned snow white

The magnetic passage was probably my worst one of the whole test. I just couldnt figure out what was going on. Ended up guessing a lot on that one.

The snow white passage seemed very strange to me. I had no idea what the overall point of that passage was, as every paragraph seemed to be a thought of it's own. I actually was laughing in confusion after reading it. :laugh:

Its much too late for me to even remember anything specific...lol...

But i'm glad i'm not the only one who's concerned about that one..and the magnetic one from PS...

kelpy said:
what did you guys get for the fly question that asked what pdz5 interacted with? was that plc or trp?

I just remembered this one and that I had narrowed it down to, decrease in body fat and increased testosterone due to muscle production.
I have always read in magazines that the body fat is responible but since its all hormones I think I went with the tesosterone one. Any thoughts?

Monkey12 said:
I just remembered this one and that I had narrowed it down to, decrease in body fat and increased testosterone due to muscle production.
I have always read in magazines that the body fat is responible but since its all hormones I think I went with the tesosterone one. Any thoughts?

I went with decrease in body fat, but I had also narrowed it down to those two.

What is this snow white passage?? I have no recollection of that! Oh no!
I remember the one about the monkeys though, that made me laugh thinking of monkeys eating cucumbers :laugh:

Monkey12 said:

uh, what question was that? i think iknow what passage you're referring to, but i don't remember the question... can you give me a further hint?? if testosterone was a choice, i think i picked that...

tch001 said:
I went with decrease in body fat, but I had also narrowed it down to those two.

What is this snow white passage?? I have no recollection of that! Oh no!
I remember the one about the monkeys though, that made me laugh thinking of monkeys eating cucumbers :laugh:

the snow white passage was where the dude was talking about inner and outer self, he mentioned Dopey in it

MiesVanDerMom said:
the snow white passage was where the dude was talking about inner and outer self, he mentioned Dopey in it

Ohhh yeah, that one sucked, I must have just blocked it out.

No one else had EM?