formal post-bacc or state school?

Started by eccles1214
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

eccles1214

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm currently attending a state school and am just starting out on my science prereqs for either med school or PA school. I took similar courses 23 years ago but was not premed. Should I go to a formal post-bacc or keep going to this state school? My science GPA is 3.05, my non-science GPA is 3.72.

I seem to notice a trend whereby successful post-bacc students often end up getting admitted to the med school of their post-bacc institution. e.g. If you do a Loyola Post-bacc you have a greater change of getting into Loyola med school.

If this is true, should I do a formal post-bacc at an institution that has a medical school?