Formal post bacc VS Community college/ Second bachelors degree

Started by 868651
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

8

868651

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,
I’m trying to figure out which three options are best to complete for premed:

1. Attend a formal post baccalaureate premed program (UNCG to be specific).

2. Return to my undergraduate school and complete a second bachelors degree in Chemistry with a pre-Health concentration.

3. Attend a community college and complete my premed coursework there.

Any advice is helpful.

Thank you
 
It depends on your specific situation. What's your cGPA/sGPA? What's your MCAT score? How are your ECs? Do you have any of the prereqs completed?
 
It depends on your specific situation. What's your cGPA/sGPA? What's your MCAT score? How are your ECs? Do you have any of the prereqs completed?

I’m essentially starting over from scratch since I wasn’t a science major.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m essentially starting over from scratch since I wasn’t a science major.

I'd probably go with the structured formal post bacc (preferably one with linkage), but if money is an issue then a DIY post bacc at CC will also suffice.