Former Argosy student with serious concerns...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah, I'm not sure how much empathy I'm supposed to have for everyone involved in this situation.

But Argosy didn't close because it was a diploma mill providing poor training. It was an entirely financial matter.

I have found that among the Argosy graduates I have encountered, some are very good clinicians and some are terrible. I am unsure if the poor training was campus-dependent, or the good clinicians were just talented to begin with as well as driven to obtain additional opportunities to improve their overall training.

Members don't see this ad.

I have found that among the Argosy graduates I have encountered, some are very good clinicians and some are terrible. I am unsure if the poor training was campus-dependent, or the good clinicians were just talented to begin with as well as driven to obtain additional opportunities to improve their overall training.
It's generally the latter. The people who came from those programs and turned out to be brilliant (or at least good) psychologists would have done well at any program. They succeeded in spite of, not because of, their programs. I've known a few of these people personally and they all independently said pretty much the same things, the programs take on too many students, don't have good quality control in terms of admissions, and provide sub-par training. They were able to buck the trend by realizing how problematic the situation was and seeking out their own ways of remediating the issues.

Reactions: 1 user