formerDPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

formerDPT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello friends, I am a former DPT student . I did my bachelor's in biological science under Pre-phyical therapy concentration. My cumulative GPA was 3.3 when I joined DPT program . I did not took GRE, I chose NON-GRE universities to apply. During my DPT 1st year I have completed following credits (43 credits) with the cumulative GPA of 2.914/4.00:

Human Anatomy:B
Physical Therapy Examination : B
Medical Ethics: B
Kinesiology and Biomechanics I ( retake grade B)
Kinesiology and Biomechanics II:B-
Neuroscience: B
Health Promotion and Wellness Across the Life Span: A
Psychosocial Aspects of Disability and Illness: A+
Pathophysiology I(retake grade B)
Pathophysiology II:A-
Physical Therapy Interventions I:A-
Physical Therapy Interventions II: B-
Research Methods: A-
Exercise Physiology: C+

The issue is that I would like to transfer these credits to another school into DPT program. I will take GRE if it is needed and retake Exercise Physiology but I do not know if it is possible to transfer these many credits.

Also, any other majors where these credits could be considered if DPT do not works out?
Any feedback or suggestions are welcomed.
Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Members don't see this ad.

Are you a US student? If not, you aren't likely to find a lot of help here.

Are you a US student? If not, you aren't likely to find a lot of help here.
Yes I am a US student and I would really appreciate if you could help me out here. Thank you for the response.

Members don't see this ad :)
Most schools do not accept transfer units. Why are you a "former" student?

I dont think you can transfer the credits you earned in the DPT program. Also you will have to be able to answer why you left your previous program because I would think that any school interviewing you would definitely want to know.

Most schools do not accept transfer units. Why are you a "former" student?
I am a former student because I am out of the program as I had to repeat 2 courses in 2 consecutive semesters because of the family problems which according to university policy kicked me out of the program. It took me an year to clear those 2 courses. Now at the age of 27 I have invested 4 years in Bachelors' and 2 years in Doctorate . If I need to start over again it will take me 4 years ( 1 year- application process, 3 years-DPT program) to be a Physical Therapist unless there is university DPT program which will consider most or all of my credits which in further would allow me to finish DPT in 2.5 years. Also, are there any other career options that would accept these credits.

One of my former classmates dropped out of PT school and went into Public Health Policy or something like that and finished in 2 years. There is also always PTA. But I dont think any program will accept the credits you earned in PT school.

Thank you for the response. I am trying to reach out universities from PTCAS to ask if they would accept my credits. So far , there is only 2 colleges who said that they would accept 6 credits and 9 credits respectively but not more than that. Do you suggest any schools ?