• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

Olanzapine

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2002
5-HT and D receptors
Visit site
Status
click on user cp to see which posts you have made that have been approved, and click on the justice scale icon and then "i approve" on the right corner of my post to try approving other people's post.
-Olanzapine, DO!

About the Ads

DrMom

Official Mom of SDN
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2002
wherever I go, there I am
Status
Attending Physician
in your user CP there is an "edit avatar" button at the left. when you click on that, there is explanation of how to load a custom avatar from the internet or from a file on your computer. (done the same was as on the previous forums setup)

If you don't have those options, then there may be some membership time period requirement.

Olanzapine

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2002
5-HT and D receptors
Visit site
Status
I don't want to alarm anybody, but I suspect that Dr. Mom is only pretending to be a DO to get more good reputation credits.

(nicedream)

Fitter Happier
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 10, 2004
The Sea
Status
What's strange is I had a custom avatar before - in fact I have one now. I just want to change it, but now it won't let me. Did they change the requirement?

DrMom

Official Mom of SDN
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2002
Status
Attending Physician
(nicedream) said:
What's strange is I had a custom avatar before - in fact I have one now. I just want to change it, but now it won't let me. Did they change the requirement?

Hmm. It shows up on my options, so I'm not sure what's going on. I'll see what I can find out.

DrMom

Official Mom of SDN
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2002
Status
Attending Physician
Olanzapine said:
I don't want to alarm anybody, but I suspect that Dr. Mom is only pretending to be a DO to get more good reputation credits.

:laugh: gee, how did you guess ;)

dollarbincommon

apple fritters are good
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 12, 2004
apple orchard
Status
I don't understand this "reputation". I clicked on my balance icon, and it says that I have 10 reputation points. It also said my "reputation on this post is Even". What does this mean?

DrMom

Official Mom of SDN
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2002
Status
Attending Physician
I think everyone started with 10 points.

About the Ads

DrMom

Official Mom of SDN
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2002
Status
Attending Physician
Olanzapine said:
ahem...*coughshecheatedcough*... excuse me.

Cheated???? :mad: there are actually a few people around here who like me :D

Amy B

I miss my son so much
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2000
Virginia
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
(nicedream) said:
I thought I may take the plunge and change the avatar
I have had for 4 years, but it won't let me either. I can change to something from the SDN list, but i doesn't have anywhere I can add a custom one or something from the internet.

BOO HOO, Amy B has been here for a looooong time and she wasn't a chosen one to be given the avatar changing power. Such a sad thing

DrMom

Official Mom of SDN
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2002
Status
Attending Physician
Hmm. Apparently that is off for the moment. We mods still see the option, but you guys apparently can't. :confused:

BklynWill

EM Attending
15+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2003
New York
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
(nicedream) said:
How does this reputation thing work? :confused:
(nicedream) I'm giving you some reputation points because of your obvious love for Radiohead :thumbup:

The Musketeer

Guardian of Justice
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2004
Cleveland (ON, Can)
Visit site
Status
Dentist
DrMom said:
If you don't have those options, then there may be some membership time period requirement.
I think the 'web-administrator' has disabled 'custom avatar' function because I've been here for a while and I can't access this function either.

lealf-ye

I am a super doctor.
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2003
SDN
Visit site
Status
lealf-ye said:
How did you change it?

Not sure why I got disapproval because of the above statement. :confused: :confused: :confused:
My reputation is going down... :eek: :eek: :eek:

The reputation thing seems to hinder people to tell their true feelings. From now on, I will not care about it any more. :cool: :cool:

(nicedream)

Fitter Happier
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 10, 2004
The Sea
Status
lealf-ye said:
Not sure why I got disapproval because of the above statement. :confused: :confused: :confused:
My reputation is going down... :eek: :eek: :eek:

The reputation thing seems to hinder people to tell their true feelings. From now on, I will not care about it any more. :cool: :cool:
Don't worry lealf - people are giving mad negative rep on this thread for some reason, I've gotten one on every post :mad: . I gave you some love.

Amy B

I miss my son so much
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2000
Virginia
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
(nicedream) said:
Amy, how do you get those little guys in your sig?

Well I was going to tell you how, but then I noticed my little guys are gone and only the web link remains. Why did that change??? Can't we have animations in our sig any more?

DrMom

Official Mom of SDN
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2002
Status
Attending Physician
some bugs are being worked out...pretty normal for a major forum update. give Lee some time and it should get taken care of and/or explained

XCanadianRagwee

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2002
Splashing around in the alternate pool
Status
Yeah the rep works about as good as trying to put beer in a bucket that has a hole in it.

Amy B

I miss my son so much
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2000
Virginia
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
DrMom said:
some bugs are being worked out...pretty normal for a major forum update. give Lee some time and it should get taken care of and/or explained

That's good. I thought maybe we weren't supposed to have animations in our sigs anymore. I shall sit back and wait till that bug gets worked out. :cool:

DrMom

Official Mom of SDN
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2002
Status
Attending Physician
XCanadianRagwee said:
Yeah the rep works about as good as trying to put beer in a bucket that has a hole in it.

I think we're pretty clear about your opinion on this one ;)

The Musketeer

Guardian of Justice
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2004
Cleveland (ON, Can)
Visit site
Status
Dentist
DrMom said:
in your user CP there is an "edit avatar" button at the left. when you click on that, there is explanation of how to load a custom avatar from the internet or from a file on your computer. (done the same was as on the previous forums setup)

Yes, Lee the web-admin has enabled this function now...and a upgrade - now the max pixel is 75x75!

About the Ads