FP in Alaska ??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cooldreams

American Mensa Member :)
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
1) Anyone know of anyone working or planning on going to Alaska to work as an FP ???

2) What is it like??? I always thought living in Alaska would be soooooo awesome. I love the outdoors, I am sure I would do well in that rough of an environment, but how is the medical practice??

3) how good is reimbursments?? is it just like in the lower 48 states??

4) Are there enough patients to sustain more docs up there?? Or is it already saturated??

Thanks a lot for any and all nfo!!

Members don't see this ad.

Great place to practice true FP medicine in the bush!! The state will always have a need for rural docs, as they currently use community medical aids to do telemedicine from remote villages. They have an awesome residency program in Anchorage, that is a community residency is a huge referral hospital, where FP residents do it all. I am applying as an NHSC scholar to do a visiting rotation there in early 4th year, a little more than a year from now. I am hoping to get accepted and go check it out.

wow that is awesome... is that program competitive?? im just a pre-MS1 now... but that really sounds awesome... (any tips?? hehe)