FPR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

euhsa

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Facilitated Positional Release is a big thing at our school since the inventor of the technique is also our Head Dean. I recently perused the Review book for OMM and did not find FPR. Can some students from other Osteopathic schools fill me in on whether this technique is even being taught at your school? If so, when? Thanks...

Members don't see this ad.

I have never heard of it. Can you describe it? Maybe it is taught under a different name.

Sounds like strain-counter strain or myofascial release under a different name?

Members don't see this ad :)
That's what I was thinking as well.

Its taught the 2nd year at WesternU/COMP. FPR is very similar to the Still technique!!!

Rob
WesternU/COMP MS II

Euhsa,

Give us a run down on what it is. I have never heard of it either.

Hey UHS03......Congrats on finshing 1st year! And congrats to everybody who successfully completed 1st year. Have a good summer!

bDOc03

Congrats to you too!! I'll see ya round next year!!

Very interesting... FPR stands for Facilitated Positional Release and it is a passive indirect technique. A facilitating force, either compression or torsion, is added and the affected joint or muscle is placed into their "freedoms." This compression or torsion is usually applied for 5 seconds. A pillow is usually used to neutralize any curves (i.e. the lumbar lordosis when the technique involves a supine patient). Since the inventor of this technique is the dean of NYCOM, we have been responsible for this technique for every part of the body except the ribs.