FRACDS Primary Examination

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrBushvine

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am a dentist from the Oceania region with a BDS gained outside of Australia and New Zealand. I am planning to sit the Primary Examination of the RACDS as a means of giving weight to my applications for postgraduate study either in New Zealand or Australia. Is this a good approach or should I get into a bridging course in New Zealand or Australia initially before undertaking postgraduate studies.

I welcome any comments and suggestions.

Cheers.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Everyone,

I am a dentist from the Oceania region with a BDS gained outside of Australia and New Zealand. I am planning to sit the Primary Examination of the RACDS as a means of giving weight to my applications for postgraduate study either in New Zealand or Australia. Is this a good approach or should I get into a bridging course in New Zealand or Australia initially before undertaking postgraduate studies.

I welcome any comments and suggestions.

Cheers.

If you are planning to stay in Australia or NZ to live/work as a resident, you will have to take the registration exams no matter what. The Primary Exams are only good for satisfying the requirement for postgraduate studies (and they won't affect your registration status). You still need at least two years of general dentistry background before you can apply to any postgrad programs in Aus or NZ.