Franklin Pierce AZ

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shelby Johnson

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I understand FPU AZ just sent out acceptances? Anybody planning to attend?

Members don't see this ad.

When did you get your acceptance? I'm still waiting to hear.. :/

Hey! I got an email on Friday saying I had been accepted at Franklin Pierce and I will be attending there.... I had been emailing my assigned advisor before then and she said that they are constantly sending out letters and reviewing! Good luck!!:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea it looks like they are accepting people every two and a half weeks or so. Did they give you 2 weeks to reserve your seat?

I got my acceptance on the 1st of February, but declined because I got into my top choice.

Yeah I got my acceptance on Friday, the 17th and I was given till March 2 to reserve my spot

My original letter said I would know by Feb 1st so I shot them an email last week and they said I was accepted but that my formal letter wasn't ready yet. It was great news but for some reason I'm still anxious.

Hey Seatown - did you get your FPU acceptance letter you? Are you planning to attend?

I just sent in my deposit!!! Has anyone heard anything abou this school?

I haven't yet! Its driving me crazy. But they have been on Spring break for the past week or so. Hopefully I will hear something Monday. When I get it I'll probably be going. You?!

Anyone hear if they got in yet??? I sent my deposit about a week ago and just trying to see who else will be starting in the fall!!!

I sent in my deposit for the AZ campus about a week ago. I'm still waiting to hear back from some more schools but it looks like thats where I'll be heading! Does anyone know much about the program? I know the AZ program is new so there isn't a lot of information on it.

I sent in my deposit for the AZ campus about a week ago. I'm still waiting to hear back from some more schools but it looks like thats where I'll be heading! Does anyone know much about the program? I know the AZ program is new so there isn't a lot of information on it.
I have actually visited the Franklin Pierce campus in Arizona, I went out there in January because I was also interviewing at AT Still in Mesa, AZ. I will be going to FPU. Let me know if you have any specific questions! I got a tour and talked to all of the facility and the 2nd year students

Members don't see this ad :)
I will be a 2nd year at FPU starting in late May so if you have any questions, ask me and I'll do my best to answer.

How is the program? How is the faculty? How much studying do you put in each day? Week? When are they switching to a permanent location? Is it difficult to be accepted? What do the look at most? What were your stats?

Yes I love all those questions - answers and or comments from ptootles appreciated.

I received my acceptance letter several weeks ago. I sent in my deposit for the NH campus however due to location(much closer to home). I am still waiting on a few other schools but I will most likely be attending FPU in the fall :).

How is the program? How is the faculty? How much studying do you put in each day? Week? When are they switching to a permanent location? Is it difficult to be accepted? What do the look at most? What were your stats?
How is the program?
Understand that I tend to stress over things, but I think the program overall is relatively laid back and the pressure is not huge. I do like the small class size (we're down to 18 due to a few drop outs and transfers after the first term) and the attention we get from that aspect.

How is the faculty?
I hear that the cirriculuum for your class is changing over what my class had but the instructors are available and approachable. They will encourage you to check in with them and will sometimes even seek you out to gauge your progress and feelings. They are all practicing PT's and know their profession well in fact, my advisor has told me they are (or will be) expected to engage in research. Don't misunderstand and think that they are easy because they certainly are not - their expectations are high it's just that they are there for you if you struggle.

How much studying do you put in each day? Week?
Me personally (and I can't say this is true of all my classmates), I spend 5-6 hours per day studying either on my own or with a group. And it's usually 7 days per week. One thing you will read on this forum and I will reiterate: you cannot let yourself fall behind because they move very quickly through the material. So, no last minute cramming or procrastination - I typically begin serious studying for an exam about a week ahead and set a schedule for myself and prioritize my study and preparation tasks. Otherwise, it would be nearly impossible to succeed.

When are they switching to a permanent location?
That isn't known yet. The FPU Board of Trustees was at our campus in January and told us they are still looking at possibile locations but haven't selected a site yet. They also said their intention is to stay in the Goodyear, AZ general area.

Is it difficult to be accepted? What do they look at most?
I cannot accurately speak to the difficulty because I don't know how many candidates were interviewed for my class. I can say my interview was fairly relaxed and I was asked questions more geared to learning about me as an individual than asking any hypothetical questions relating to ethics or professionalism or PT hot topics.

What were your stats?
Overall GPA: 3.47
Pre-Req GPA: 3.6
GRE (old test): V - 350, Q - 560, A - 3.5

I will be a 2nd year at FPU starting in late May so if you have any questions, ask me and I'll do my best to answer.

Hey ptootles, what do you think of the anatomy classes? Are the plastics they use good for learning or do you think you missed out by not having a cadaver?

Thanks!

Curious how this program turned out. I was accepted for the inaugural year and decided to go elsewhere. I went to visit and thought the program director was very rude and not accommodating whatsoever which was a huge turn-off considering I came all the way from the midwest to see the facilities (not to mention how pricey the school was).
Did they ever get the campus set up or is it still in an office building?
Not trying to sound snobby, I'm just curious because I almost went to PT school here.

I really enjoyed our Anatomy class. Karl (who is the professor) is a really great teacher. We use plastinates, which are cadavers that have already been cut and then preserved. For the most part it shows all the muscles and some of the nerves rather well. The only down side to it is that some of the models are getting to be on the older side and are starting to fall apart. But Karl knows those models like the back of his hands and will be able to point anything out that you have trouble finding.

Curious how this program turned out. I was accepted for the inaugural year and decided to go elsewhere. I went to visit and thought the program director was very rude and not accommodating whatsoever which was a huge turn-off considering I came all the way from the midwest to see the facilities (not to mention how pricey the school was).
Did they ever get the campus set up or is it still in an office building?
Not trying to sound snobby, I'm just curious because I almost went to PT school here.

The building used to be an Urgent Care center, that was changed into FPU. The Board of Trustees came to visit us in January and we expressed our concern for not having that "campus" feel. They are still looking into finding another location for us to move into. I know that they want to expand FPU to include other curriculum (such as and MBA) program. No word on anything new yet, but despite that it is a really good program

Has anyone put in their deposit but not planning to attend?

I recently sent Victoria Fox an email declining my seat into the program (3/24) so hopefully that opens up a seat for you if you're on the waitlist