Franklin Pierce- NH

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wrestler19

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'll be applying to some east coast schools for the class of 2015 and want to begin formulating a plan. While browsing around on here I've noticed a number of students have applied to Franklin Pierce- AZ campus. I think I've only seen 1-2 others post about the NH campus, one of which that plans on attending. Is there anyone else on here that is attending Franklin Pierce- NH or anyone that has applied, but decided not to go? Basically looking to see if this is a school that should be on my list. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I attend the Franklin Pierce campus in NH. It is a good program. There is not much to be said for the "campus." The program meets for all coursework and labs on one floor of an "office building." The instructors are great for the most part. In fact, some of them are pretty fantastic. For the anatomy courses, we use plastinated models and occasionally visit cadavers, but do not spend fulltime with a cadaver. The school is in a smaller town with limited activities. Any other questions?

Hey PTAtoPT

I just got into Franklin Pierce-NH program. What can you tell me about Concord and the living situations

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted to the program! I had originally applied to the AZ campus but they suggested applying to NH because of lots of openings. I am still on the wait list for Midwestern and will be applying to USA this June... But I will be in NH come september if nothing else!

@LOSANGELES- Concord is a really nice small town with a population of about 42,000. Though it is the capital of the state it is a smaller town. There is a mall, though going to Manchester which is the largest town in NH and just 20-30 minutes away is usually the way to go. There are a handful of places to "go out" for the more social atmosphere in town. Concord has your typical chain restaurants and department/discount stores. There is a nice downtown area with shopping and restaurants, but again it is a small town. As for housing, the school does not offer any housing. Most students live in apartments within a 10 minute drive to "campus." Some students live at home and commute from as far as an hour away. There are a few apartment complexes that are very popular with the DPT students but there are also independent apartments and houses for rent. But finding housing is really left up to you, as a student to do on your own. Most students in our program communicated before school began and decided to room together. Socially, many classmates get together during the week and participate in recreational activities including sports.

@WApthopeful- I think that because the NH program starts in the fall and AZ program starts in the summer, there are generally more openings later in the application process. (Just my personal opinion though)

I was accepted for FPU PT program class of 2014, i have been searching for places to live but it seems like most are about 25-40 minutes away. is that usual?