FRAP animation...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mddang

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just want to get this straight. FRAP is used to determine of a protein on a membrane? Fast recovery of fluorescence indicates good mobility? Are there any other uses for FRAP? any other concepts that need to be known about it?

Thanks that video was very helpful

Last edited:
AHHHHHH!! Thats it. Fluorescent Recovery After Photobleaching. Its a biochemical lab technique. It has been utilized to view axonal transport. OMG, i knew this all along, but b/c that other thread the girl said "I got the stupid FRAP test", I thought it was a specialized form of the DAT. Ahh I feel like such an idiot.

I just want to get this straight. FRAP is used to determine of a protein on a membrane? Fast recovery of fluorescence indicates good mobility? Are there any other uses for FRAP? any other concepts that need to be known about it?

Thanks that video was very helpful

There is a little section on the wiki page about the applications of FRAP.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluorescence_recovery_after_photobleaching#Applications

I haven't taken the DAT, but I don't think there is too much more to know about FRAP.

Members don't see this ad :)
AHHHHHH!! Thats it. Fluorescent Recovery After Photobleaching. Its a biochemical lab technique. It has been utilized to view axonal transport. OMG, i knew this all along, but b/c that other thread the girl said "I got the stupid FRAP test", I thought it was a specialized form of the DAT. Ahh I feel like such an idiot.
omg... same here