Fraud Rx for oxy as an Escript

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

These guys scammed me a couple of times.
It’s amazing that it took 6 million rx to catch these guys. It’s also amazing to me the docs who haven’t gotten shut down yet running pill miles in my area

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
It’s amazing that it took 6 million rx to catch these guys. It’s also amazing to me the docs who haven’t gotten shut down yet running pill miles in my area

I know another doc a few miles away from this guy who is also a pill mill doc. I've reported him directly to DEA agents multiple times and nothing has happened to him. Literally almost every patient gets Oxy 30 #90-180 or Endocet 10-325 #180, Alprazolam 2 #90, Zolpidem 10 #30, Soma, etc. Most of the patients come to him (office in Woodside, Queens) from addresses in the housing projects of the Bronx. But I think he gets away with it because his charting is probably really good, and he does drug tests on patients to make sure it's in their system (but come on, that can be defeated by taking one pill soon before the drug test and selling the majority of the pills) and he also takes regular non-narcotic seeking patients.

• Sad
True pill mills like the one Sparda mentioned, have pretty much disappeared where I am. It has been years since I have seen anyone writing Oxy 30 and Xanax 2 together.

Members don't see this ad :)
Right but they should have checked the drivers license so we could prosecute. That's part of controlled sub regulations.

No it's not. Maybe your state has a law requiring it, but federally it is not required to check ID on someone picking up a controlled prescription. And I doubt its even a state law anywhere (but I don't know for sure)....because yes, while everyone should have a state ID, anytime there is talk about requiring a state ID for something like voting, it's never passed because of the cost/effort involved in getting a state ID, and that its unconstitutional to require that for a right such as voting. We also have a right to life (health?) so I highly doubt that a state ID would be legally required in order to fill a prescription a medication.

No it's not. Maybe your state has a law requiring it, but federally it is not required to check ID on someone picking up a controlled prescription. And I doubt its even a state law anywhere (but I don't know for sure)....because yes, while everyone should have a state ID, anytime there is talk about requiring a state ID for something like voting, it's never passed because of the cost/effort involved in getting a state ID, and that its unconstitutional to require that for a right such as voting. We also have a right to life (health?) so I highly doubt that a state ID would be legally required in order to fill a prescription a medication.
Florida requires an ID for controlled substances for any patients “not familiar to the pharmacy” or something like that. In practice every pharmacy just requires it every time.

Reactions: 1 users
It takes time. That time is not reimbursed. That costs us money.

Doing a PA for one of your patients is a cost of doing business for continuing to get the revenue related to that patients billables.

Turning away a fake script for a person who doesn’t come to my pharmacy ever and then especially once they are busted won’t ever in the future… will not help me secure future revenues related to that fake patient.

All we have is a cost of protecting our business, there’s no extra retention upside or good customer service…