Fraud warning!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

orangejuice0909

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,

I recently got tricked money from a fraud of buying Dr. Collins books. I bought Dr. Collins books from @PittPharm87 but I never received the books for more than 2 weeks now. I sent her the money $150 through PayPal and she received it but everytime I texted and asked her about the confirmation number/tracking number of the books and she never responded back. Please please be careful when you buy Dr. Collins book through the people from this forum.
Here is something I learned from this: When you pay someone for the book through PayPal, always use "Business payment", NOT "Friends/Family" payment. The difference of this is for Business payment, there is ONLY 2.9% fee charge (under sellers' right) and it's free for Friend/Family payment. But in case you get tricked like me, you can still fill out the dispute form and get your money back. For Friend/Family payment, you won't be able to get any refund under any circumstances.
 
Besides his email alias do you not have information on real name/account name from Paypal? It should show his name/address/other info after you have purchased from the seller. From there I would just do a police report or work with mods to get this handled.
 
Hi everyone,

I recently got tricked money from a fraud of buying Dr. Collins books. I bought Dr. Collins books from @PittPharm87 but I never received the books for more than 2 weeks now. I sent her the money $150 through PayPal and she received it but everytime I texted and asked her about the confirmation number/tracking number of the books and she never responded back. Please please be careful when you buy Dr. Collins book through the people from this forum.
Here is something I learned from this: When you pay someone for the book through PayPal, always use "Business payment", NOT "Friends/Family" payment. The difference of this is for Business payment, there is ONLY 2.9% fee charge (under sellers' right) and it's free for Friend/Family payment. But in case you get tricked like me, you can still fill out the dispute form and get your money back. For Friend/Family payment, you won't be able to get any refund under any circumstances.
thanks for the heads up