Freakin' imbeciles

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rxbound

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have no idea what happened in AR, but I have just been informed that my PCAT test materials from October never made it to Harcourt, so, at no cost to myself, they have rescheduled a PCAT for December 3rd. Did this happen to anyone esle?
IMBECILES!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Rxbound said:
I have no idea what happened in AR, but I have just been informed that my PCAT test materials from October never made it to Harcourt, so, at no cost to myself, they have rescheduled a PCAT for December 3rd. Did this happen to anyone esle?
IMBECILES!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe they did that to you! Maybe you should request at least a partial refund. Will taking the test later make any of your completed applications late?

Good Luck- I would be really mad too!!

Rxbound said:
IMBECILES!!!!!!!!!
OH MY GOD, I am so SO sorry!!! That is awful! I would be so mad. You know what's good though? You know what will be on there and kind of what to study at least. I don't know if it's any consolation. That's so bad, how did they notify you?

Members don't see this ad :)
You just gave me one more reason to NOT like them!
They are really making money from us and that is not right.

Well, thay are not going to charge me if I take the make-up (scheduled for December 3), but still. I am just so aggravated at the whole situation. How the heck does that happen?? I was only taking it again because one of the schools I am applying to says I had to...what a waste of time. How do you lose 200+ tests?!?!?

beccala33 said:
OH MY GOD, I am so SO sorry!!! That is awful! I would be so mad. You know what's good though? You know what will be on there and kind of what to study at least. I don't know if it's any consolation. That's so bad, how did they notify you?
With an email that said URGENT PCAT MESSAGE!!!! Just like that, too. I thought they had decided to post the scores online.....if only.....

Rxbound said:
With an email that said URGENT PCAT MESSAGE!!!! Just like that, too. I thought they had decided to post the scores online.....if only.....

Lol you get to go back and change all the ones that you werent sure about and found the answer to. If i were you id write a detailed essay on why it is inconceivable to beleive that there is not life somewhere else other than earth.
Hah

Thats really does blow though

Wow that is terrible! I am so sorry! Contact your schools and let them know what happened! Good luck to you and hang in there!

Rxbound said:
Well, thay are not going to charge me if I take the make-up (scheduled for December 3), but still. I am just so aggravated at the whole situation. How the heck does that happen?? I was only taking it again because one of the schools I am applying to says I had to...what a waste of time. How do you lose 200+ tests?!?!?
You know what? People have to schedule a time to go take the PCAT, some have to request off work, some have to travel to the test city, etc... to ask someone to do that twice with no refund is abusive. I'd pester the hell out of them and ask if they are going to also pay for your travel expenses, hotel, food, gas money, and hassle of having to do it again. ... They should refund your money, absolutely. That's a bunch of bull. :thumbdown:

Yeah, that's really messed. They should give you a full refund and come to you to administer the test heh. Sorry to hear that.

calrx said:
Where did you take the test?
University of Arkansas at Little Rock...you know what aggravates me the most? I was only retaking it because UAMS is one of the 2 schools that requires that the essay be graded. I took the test in October 2004 ( and wrote the essay, but it wasn't graded). Seems like alot of work for a school that is last on my list... :mad:

Rxbound said:
Seems like alot of work for a school that is last on my list... :mad:
Sorry about what happened...Maybe you should use this mishap as a sign that this school isnt worth it (I dunno im trying to put a positive spin on this). Either that or bend over and take it with a smile :eek: I hope that there is some legal recourse to take when crap like that happens...Theyre f-ing with someone's future!!! Good luck

So, happy to say that Harcourt has redeemed itself. Full refund for their mistake. :)

I don't even think that's enough, that sucks. That test is so stressful!

[yeah,

Harcourt called me today and told me that they would refund my money, plus the test in Dec is free. Well, I took it at University of Arkansas too. This time i'm going to study for calculus. I don't care about PCAt too much, so it's ok. But i scheduled my other test on Dec 3, so I have to reschedule that test. It costs $30 to reschedule. Now, I have to look at my vocab list again. It sucks. But i don't really care too much.

usi said:
You just gave me one more reason to NOT like them!
They are really making money from us and that is not right.

who else are WE gonna make money from?

Rxbound said:
So, happy to say that Harcourt has redeemed itself. Full refund for their mistake. :)

Plus the test will probably be very similar if not the same. Go in w/a good attitude and rock it. :thumbup: