freaking out about interviews!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

plasticsday1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
See title!!

An excel sheet of program's interview dates has been circulated recently and I found that so many programs already gave out interviews! I applied to 85 plastics programs and have only gotten 2 so far.....

If a program sent out their dates to people already, does that mean they're totally done?? Is there any chance at all that they might send in batches?? Or am I totally rejected from every program that has dates out but didn't give me one??

Ughhhhh

Members don't see this ad.

See title!!

An excel sheet of program's interview dates has been circulated recently and I found that so many programs already gave out interviews! I applied to 85 plastics programs and have only gotten 2 so far.....

If a program sent out their dates to people already, does that mean they're totally done?? Is there any chance at all that they might send in batches?? Or am I totally rejected from every program that has dates out but didn't give me one??

Ughhhhh

You can look at last year's spreadsheet. Honestly if memory serves plastics only has one or two days of interviews a season. I'd assume they only send one batch, maybe some waitlists after that. Maybe some of the invites are for rotators? There's really no way of knowing unfortunately.

Totally program dependent how many times they will send out invites. There will be people who start cancelling interviews and the programs will try to fill those spots, so I think almost every place will send out more invites at some point, even if its only 1-2 more people.

I was in a total state of panic last year when those around me started getting interviews in plastics. I only had 8 or something at the end of October then suddenly got a bunch.

Plastics does mostly invite as one batch, but then they send out trickles of other invites as people start canceling (sometimes people hold onto several for a particular date in the hope they can switch one or more with someone).

I know it's easier said than done, but do NOT get worried yet. Don't even get worried until mid November.