freaking out about test date!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Confusedandamused

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am scheduled to take my MCAT on 9/4, I wanna push it back to 9/27 or 9/28 because I am nowhere near where I want to be but there are no available seats so far for those dates--i am planning to apply next year so NBD if I have to cancel this year and take it in January but I kind of do not want to use my AAMC resources this month and next if I end up not finding a spot later this year. Do seats normally open up as time comes closer to test date?

Members don't see this ad.

I am scheduled to take my MCAT on 9/4, I wanna push it back to 9/27 or 9/28 because I am nowhere near where I want to be but there are no available seats so far for those dates--i am planning to apply next year so NBD if I have to cancel this year and take it in January but I kind of do not want to use my AAMC resources this month and next if I end up not finding a spot later this year. Do seats normally open up as time comes closer to test date?
The MCAT is exam that assesses judgement as well as competence. Do NOT take a high stake, career deciding exam until you are 100% ready for it, even if it means skipping an app cycle.

You're going to apply next year anyway, so you can take it as late as August 2021 and still be fine.

Reactions: 1 users