Freaking out (post-CS) about using unlisted abbreviations and computer scoring

Jan 21, 2020
Status
  1. Medical Student
Hey, I just realized I used some abbreviations that are not on the "list" they provide, such as CTABL for clear to ascultation bilaterally, RRR for regular rate and rhythym, no M/R/G or MRG for murmurs/rubs/gallops, LEs for lower extremities, etc.

Has anyone who has taken the test since Oct 1st done similar and done OK? Totally freaking out. I figured these common abbreviations would be included....

shtumpa

Juggler
5+ Year Member
Oct 3, 2013
north of Tennessee
Status
  1. Medical Student
I’m sure plenty of people used those abbreviations and past the exam. Maybe a majority. No way you will fail for using those abbreviations, not a chance.

xiquarius

5+ Year Member
Aug 29, 2014
Status
  1. Medical Student
If you read the instructions for the list very carefully, they do mention that common abbreviations would be included in the recognized vernacular, and that the list below are just examples of approved abbreviations. I personally wrote everything out except those abbreviations so I wouldn't get docked, but I do know others that did the same thing and passed just fine.

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads