Freaking out test in 2.5 weeks...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jeanette66

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been studying for comlex and I am sort of freaking out. First of all, my goal is to beat the mean or get as close to the 550 mark as possible. I read first aid 2x and now going though it again hitting missing points while working on my weakness. I finished 80 of combank averaging in the 70s overall is 60s and comquest mid to low 60s(timed random blocks) I took comsae c few days ago and got 510 ...I am scared my score will go down..do you think giving this history I ll at least get the average.... Help a sister out and good luck everyone

Members don't see this ad.

I have been studying for comlex and I am sort of freaking out. First of all, my goal is to beat the mean or get as close to the 550 mark as possible. I read first aid 2x and now going though it again hitting missing points while working on my weakness. I finished 80 of combank averaging in the 70s overall is 60s and comquest mid to low 60s(timed random blocks) I took comsae c few days ago and got 510 ...I am scared my score will go down..do you think giving this history I ll at least get the average.... Help a sister out and good luck everyone

Keep doing what you're doing and you'll be fine. Study up on that Micro, if anything's a constant with COMLEX it's intense Microbiology.

How about just reading micro, pharm, neuro, and repro over and over again in FA while doing Uworld. Is this a good strategy? I mean that Comsae C had basically no hematology or immuno in it and their biochem was very superficial.

How about just reading micro, pharm, neuro, and repro over and over again in FA while doing Uworld. Is this a good strategy? I mean that Comsae C had basically no hematology or immuno in it and their biochem was very superficial.

From what I gather, COMSAE only represents the style of questions, not necessarily the content you can expect to see.

Nobody considers COMSAE to be at all predictive.

Members don't see this ad :)
The thing with the COMLEX is... it's the COMLEX. You never know what you are going to get, the most important thing you can do is lot's of practice questions and make sure you really understand the CONCEPTS. I would fully endorse doing USMLEWorld because this will help you get the actually material you need but you need to continue to do COMLEX specific questions as well to keep up with their style (i.e. wtf are the asking).

Do not get discouraged on test day. You will likely leave feeling like you did poorly. I felt anywhere from "damn that sucked" to "hmm, I guess that was okay" on my three steps and scored a 589, 634 and 712. It's just not one of those tests that gives you a good feeling.

One last word of wisdom, study the OMM material, KNOW the OMM material, BE the OMM material. Some people gloss over this because it is "BS" but it is one of the few things you absolutely KNOW will be on the test!

Survivor DO

The thing with the COMLEX is... it's the COMLEX. You never know what you are going to get, the most important thing you can do is lot's of practice questions and make sure you really understand the CONCEPTS. I would fully endorse doing USMLEWorld because this will help you get the actually material you need but you need to continue to do COMLEX specific questions as well to keep up with their style (i.e. wtf are the asking).

Do not get discouraged on test day. You will likely leave feeling like you did poorly. I felt anywhere from "damn that sucked" to "hmm, I guess that was okay" on my three steps and scored a 589, 634 and 712. It's just not one of those tests that gives you a good feeling.

One last word of wisdom, study the OMM material, KNOW the OMM material, BE the OMM material. Some people gloss over this because it is "BS" but it is one of the few things you absolutely KNOW will be on the test!

Survivor DO

How do you recommend studying for the OMM material? I have done questions from both comquest and combank and am looking at savarese at the moment.

For savares, do you recommend doing the end of chapter questions or the exams at the end?

How do you recommend studying for the OMM material? I have done questions from both comquest and combank and am looking at savarese at the moment.

For savares, do you recommend doing the end of chapter questions or the exams at the end?

Savarese once or twice + Chapmans points + bank questions should be enough. At least that's what I've heard from everyone (I take mine on the 21st)