Freaking OUt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bruin432

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sooooo, I am scheduled to take my DAT March 27th!! But I am completely unprepared, and I want to push it back until the end of April. Should I try to change the date now, or can I wait until I get closer to the actual date I am scheduled for.

Members don't see this ad.

You still have plenty of time. You don't need to re-schedule now. Wait till you make sure you know the right day for your test.

If you are not re-taking it for this cycle then don't rush into this, if you find like one week before the exam that you don't feel prepared then push it back. Ultimately the more time you have to study the better you will do.

I would actually change the date now because slots do fill up. Although it is quite early in the year, you never know. If you are not comfortable changing the date, I suggest you keep checking the prometric website at least once a week to see if the slots are filling up and then decide what to do. The last thing you want is to be stuck, so if you've decided that you are definately changing your date, I would go ahead and get it out the way. You never know if there will be a sudden influx of test takers.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sooooo, I am scheduled to take my DAT March 27th!! But I am completely unprepared, and I want to push it back until the end of April. Should I try to change the date now, or can I wait until I get closer to the actual date I am scheduled for.

I felt unprepared for my DAT last summer and thought about pushing it back too, but then I realized that I was just putting it off and wasting time. You still have a whole month left (plus the extra time during spring break, Im assuming). Anyway, I wouldn't advise putting it off unless you are completely unprepared for it. Just be sure that if you do reschedule, that it won't interfere with you getting that application in as early as possible. Best of luck.

I will honestly say that you shouldn't push back your test quite yet. Study as if you had no choice but to take it at the end of March. You always have 48 hours to reschedule. Honestly, usually people will slack off and just procrastinate after they reschedule. I DID! not sayin you will, but it is better to feel the pressure of KNOWING you NEED to study =).