1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

freaking PAT

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by t12kim, Apr 10, 2004.

1. t12kim

t12kim Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I took DAT today. AA 21, Science 22, PAT 16. I am going to retake it. I am really stressed...freaking PAT. Will I get interviews with low PAT? I need some inputs..i am depressed..didn't want to worry about DAT anymore from today. freaking a.

2. JRogoff

JRogoff Resident Palatal Phallacy
    7+ Year Member

Dentist
    :thumbup: I think you'll get interviews, your other scroes are awesome, gook job! :D

3. sxr71

sxr71 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

See thread called "secret formula."

4. PERFECT3435

7+ Year Member

Dentist
    t12kim,

1st off, calm down. looking at your other scores, i really don't think the 16 is gonna kill you as long as your gpa and the rest of your profile is ok.

second, were the rest of your scores 17 or up? if so, i don't think you have to retake it. of course you could, but i would hate to see you risk that 21 and 22 for just a single 16 score.

5. t12kim

t12kim Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I got 18 on RC but rest i got all 21s and 25 on ochem..and 16...
    my GPA is 3.38 overall and 3.44 science and did some volunteerring and shadowing just like other predents.

6. PERFECT3435

7+ Year Member

Dentist
    God d***,

Kim yo umake it sound like you have done terrible. the rest are 18's and better with a good GPA.

Kim,
    no need to stress out. what you really need is a nap, then a bottle of Taquila to celebrate the night tonight. seriouly, if you aren't wasted tonight then you aren't normal.

congratulations Dr (well soon to be :clap: ).

:clap: :clap: :thumbup: :thumbup:

7. t12kim

t12kim Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

thanks man. It seems like you are already in a dental school. Good job man...you already went through this stage of stressing out and stuff..i got a lot of respect for you dude. yeah, fosho..i will get wasted today. peace.

8. Fantasia

Fantasia Member
    7+ Year Member

t12kim,
    I just PM'ed you

9. PERFECT3435

7+ Year Member

Dentist

stress? no way. the whole appl cycle is stress free :laugh:

ok i am being sarcastic, but honestly it wasn't all stressful. there will be times that you feel sooooo happy and times that you just feel like quiting. you haven't started yet, but please don't already stress yourself. those days will come and your scores are FINE!

10. Dr.SpongeBobDDS

Dr.SpongeBobDDS Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

t12kim, I can tell you are the type of person who can never accept that things are "good enough". You lay awake at night worrying about trivial little details that other people would never notice or care about. You are rarely if ever satisfied with your own performance. Congratulations, you have all the makings of a great dentist.

But in this case it is time to just relax and be proud of your achievement. 21 AA is awesome and going to get you tons of interviews; most schools won't even take a second look at your PAT. Retaking that monster isn't worth the stress, time, or risk of getting a lower score.

11. Calculus1

Calculus1 G.V. Black Fan
    7+ Year Member

Ditto, t12Kim, don't retake it unless an adcom asks you to at your interview. I would wager they won't even ask you about it. My buddy got a 20 AA and a 16 PAT and both LSU and UT Memphis accepted him.

12. savvysearch

savvysearch Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I assume that many school couldn't care less about the PAT.

13. SloppyJoe

SloppyJoe Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

If you are applying to UOP then you might want to think about retaking.....or any of the UCs for that matter. My friend had a 3.9 GPA, 21/17 and got waitlisted.

14. init4damoney

init4damoney Membership Revoked
    Removed

Yeah, the PAT can be tricky. I score a 17......on my first try with Kaplan!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. NVDental

NVDental DS4
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I got accepted with an AA of 20 and PAT of 15.

16. ecdoesit

ecdoesit DDS/MS
    7+ Year Member

Which UC is that? Does he/she mess up the interview? With that stats, I would think UC will give some kinda scholarship.

t12kim,
    Thanks for blasting your frustration in front of your respected co-workers.
    There will be a lot more days and nights in the future. Just work on your temper.
    If you are not satisfy with your result, feel free to take DAT again.
    Your DAT score aint bad. Just be ready to answer why you get this score in the interview. What other things have you done to show your manual dex?

17. SloppyJoe

SloppyJoe Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Well, both UCs have an average of 20 AA/ 20 PAT. I am sure you can get in w/ a lower pat score, but w/ the competition so stiff you never know. A 16 in the PAT is just cutting it too close. I think its a crapshoot sometimes, but it never hurts to try though.

Eco- I meant my friend applied to UOP and got waitlisted w/ 3.9 gpa and a 22/17.

18. natush

natush Member
    10+ Year Member

I had 16 on PAT too and was able to get 4 interviews (OHSU, Loma Linda, UCSF and Arizona) out of five schools I applied to(UCLA did not send me anyhting after the secondary application). With your DAT you have a good chance to get interviews. :)

19. aileen

aileen Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

kim, visit "Columbia and DAT" thread.