Free 120 (usmle website) vs prometric practice test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

takotsubo13

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to know if they are the same exam. I saw someone disputing it on an old forum. I'm going to do the practice exam at the prometric center to get a good feel of doing questions there but I feel I will be too relaxed if I have seen them before. Anybody know for sure if they are same/different? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

The Free 120 is 66% identical from my experience (took the free 120 in late March, it was ~33% different from what is online).

Reactions: 1 user
I literally took the free 120 at the Prometric yesterday and then came home and did the one given on Usmle website. There were 46 qs on the online version that were different from the one at the Prometric.

Reactions: 1 user
So would you recommend taking the free 120 at prometric?
How does it help prepare better for the actual test?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have the same question.

I did the online free 120 and I had already scheduled for the practice test (Before knowing they were almost the same). I want to know if it's worth it to go to the practice test or just use that day to study at home and not waste time driving and going through all that trouble. I don't want to go if I'll be answering the more of the same.

I assumed they were the same so this is good to know. When you do the prometric practice test, do you get a score? Do you get to see the correct answers like you do for the free 120 on the website?

They only give you a percentage correct. No score. You don’t get to see which answers you got right/wrong.

Reactions: 1 users