Free 150?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Is it really worth it do take 3 hours and do the free 150 for Step 1?
I think so. It decreased my stress level to know how to get to my test center, the procedures for checking in/out, and the environment during the exam.

I've heard that some of the question appear on the real thing. One question on the real thing can be the difference between your goal and being a bit let down.
 
Last edited:
Oh, I meant the one that you can do online. It's the same questions I think right? My exam is on Saturday, so I'm past the window of opportunity to schedule an in-center practice
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had a question stem that was essentially word for word the same as one that I had on the free 150. That being said, no, I don't think it's necessary or extremely useful.
 
Thought it was a confidence builder (a lot easier than NBME, uworld, or the real thing in my opinion), so I'd do it like a couple days before the exam just to stay fresh with questions.