Free clinic needs meds

Started by picaresque
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

picaresque

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm an MS2 helping put together a medical trip to rural Haiti, and I'm banging my head against the wall trying to get donated drugs. Especially things that will be really important there that are less commonly prescribed in the states, like piperazine and chloroquine.

Any thoughts of where to look? I've emailed my schools alumni association but I'm not really holding my breath. I'd really appreciate any input or advice anyone might have. Thanks
 
Most companies donate to these projects in the hope of giving a kick start to future business in the country concerned or to curry favour with the future Dr. I donated large quantity of antibiotic cream samples and plastic tab bags to a health expedition going to Africa. Regret majority of cos will look at Haiti as a lost cause. Try MSD for some Mebendazole for worms, chloroquine mainly generic and may find a co with some short dated material.
Unless you retain complete control of all meds, likely to find them on sale in the markets by people less concerned than you are with the welfare of their fellows.
johnep