free-clinics and volunteering

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

soccerstar22

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm still an undergrad student planning on attending opt school in the fall of 08 but am curious about volunteering opportunities in communities around the nation. I am wondering if there are free clinics set up in low income regions of the U.S. and whether it would be possible to volunteer at one for a few weeks. I understand that there are programs like uniteforsight.org which do international programs to poorer countries but I was hoping for something more local. I was thinking someone here might know of such a program and save me the time researching in on the net. Any info would be greatly appreciated. 🙂