free drug info software

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gaba101

Doctor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
*free drug info databases for laptops/computers *does not rely on internet access

Members don't see this ad.

i don't want to sound ungrateful, but how reliable is this software? any strings attached? just a little skeptical because it's free, while other companies like ePocrates charges ~$100/year. also tried google'ing it and it didn't really return any hits besides a link to their main website.

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought micromedex or epocrates offered a free trial. So far, most of what I need I get through accesspharmacy, but that's paid for by USC. Not surewhat else is out there

free trials of the above two are offered, but because they're free, the description seems like the information is limited. ehh... nevermind. i guess the description of the free Medicos version is about the same as epocrates and micromedex. sorry...

There is a free Lexi-Comp demo downloadable from their website.

in this case, is their = lexi-comp?? if so, the "demo" you are talking about is referring to a LIVE demo (like from a human being). if you are referring to the website listed above, can you provide a direct link? i couldn't find it.

epocrates is wrong on dosing a lot of the time. the info in epocrates is one of the most unreliable and i highly recommend nobody use it.

lexi-comp is a RIPOFF!!!!

micromedex isnt bad. try that.

I remember not too long ago someone posted a poster that compared the different drug information software. I've searched and can't find this thread - anyone know what it was or if someone can repost that poster?

Does anyone else second that epocrates contains lots of wrong info? Right now I'm trying to decide on which PDA phone to buy, and if epocrates is unreliable then I won't factor that into my decision.

I've had Thomson's handheld PDR version in the past, but the version I had would frequently have the database uncompile, and the drugs would screw up. For instance it would go from being correct to then showing a 2nd generation cephlasporin as an anti-fungal and give the complete information for something like sporanox