• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

sciencegod

10+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
what do you guys think about tje free pracice dat that kaplan gives in their test centerd.

yankees27th

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Are you talking about the diagnostic? I took that last week and wrote a post about it. Most people say it's pretty hard compared to the real thing (or maybe they're just not fully prepared for it yet) but I didn't think it was too bad. I don't know how close it is to the real thing because I haven't taken the DAT yet.

doc3232

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
I think he is talking about the one on the kaplan site. IMO, it is ok. Do it if you have time for sure.

IdahoDoc

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 26, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Are you talking about the diagnostic? I took that last week and wrote a post about it. Most people say it's pretty hard compared to the real thing (or maybe they're just not fully prepared for it yet) but I didn't think it was too bad. I don't know how close it is to the real thing because I haven't taken the DAT yet.

Your not supposed to prepare for it. If you take it after you have been reviewing or studding then it is not a diagnostic test and isn't very accurate.

About the Ads

yankees27th

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Yeah, and that's probably why I did so well, but I had to put off taking the diagnostic for certain reasons and didn't want to put off my studying. That's why I'm not assuming I did so well because I'm ready. It's probably because I did more studying beforehand.
But this is getting off-topic. Doc is probably right that the OP was talking about the test online. I didn't take that one though...

sciencegod

10+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I'm talking about the diagnostic test. I already studied all the material. is it still benifeicial to take the test.

yankees27th

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
It couldn't hurt. You're in a test environment and it's timed. The problem is it's on paper, not a computer, and all non-science sections are shortened. You get less time for them though.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.