free kaplan dat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sciencegod

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
what do you guys think about tje free pracice dat that kaplan gives in their test centerd.

Members don't see this ad.

Are you talking about the diagnostic? I took that last week and wrote a post about it. Most people say it's pretty hard compared to the real thing (or maybe they're just not fully prepared for it yet) but I didn't think it was too bad. I don't know how close it is to the real thing because I haven't taken the DAT yet.

I think he is talking about the one on the kaplan site. IMO, it is ok. Do it if you have time for sure.

Are you talking about the diagnostic? I took that last week and wrote a post about it. Most people say it's pretty hard compared to the real thing (or maybe they're just not fully prepared for it yet) but I didn't think it was too bad. I don't know how close it is to the real thing because I haven't taken the DAT yet.

Your not supposed to prepare for it. If you take it after you have been reviewing or studding then it is not a diagnostic test and isn't very accurate.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, and that's probably why I did so well, but I had to put off taking the diagnostic for certain reasons and didn't want to put off my studying. That's why I'm not assuming I did so well because I'm ready. It's probably because I did more studying beforehand.
But this is getting off-topic. Doc is probably right that the OP was talking about the test online. I didn't take that one though...

I'm talking about the diagnostic test. I already studied all the material. is it still benifeicial to take the test.

It couldn't hurt. You're in a test environment and it's timed. The problem is it's on paper, not a computer, and all non-science sections are shortened. You get less time for them though.