1. Dismiss Notice
  2. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice

free kaplan dat

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by sciencegod, Dec 23, 2008.

1. sciencegod

sciencegod Super Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    what do you guys think about tje free pracice dat that kaplan gives in their test centerd.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. yankees27th

7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Are you talking about the diagnostic? I took that last week and wrote a post about it. Most people say it's pretty hard compared to the real thing (or maybe they're just not fully prepared for it yet) but I didn't think it was too bad. I don't know how close it is to the real thing because I haven't taken the DAT yet.

3. doc3232

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I think he is talking about the one on the kaplan site. IMO, it is ok. Do it if you have time for sure.

4. IdahoDoc

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Your not supposed to prepare for it. If you take it after you have been reviewing or studding then it is not a diagnostic test and isn't very accurate.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. yankees27th

7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Yeah, and that's probably why I did so well, but I had to put off taking the diagnostic for certain reasons and didn't want to put off my studying. That's why I'm not assuming I did so well because I'm ready. It's probably because I did more studying beforehand.
    But this is getting off-topic. Doc is probably right that the OP was talking about the test online. I didn't take that one though...

6. sciencegod

sciencegod Super Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I'm talking about the diagnostic test. I already studied all the material. is it still benifeicial to take the test.

7. sciencegod

sciencegod Super Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    anyone know?

8. yankees27th

7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    It couldn't hurt. You're in a test environment and it's timed. The problem is it's on paper, not a computer, and all non-science sections are shortened. You get less time for them though.