Free Kaplan Test Test Question/Comparison to real test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fit2

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone

I just the (shortened) FREE Kaplan test that they offer every month. (I think it's always the same.)

I wanted to know what others thought about it. Did anyone think it helped? Was it similar to the real DAT? I thought some of their organic chemistry questions were weird (/would never show up on the real test) and that their QR was easier (PAT is known to be easier as well)
How about bio? Would it be similar to real DAT? It had a lot of behavior questions which caught me off guard

Thanks for the info!

I know there's some posts about it but none offer detailed inf or there older

Members don't see this ad.

100% useless for predicting your score, but still learn from whatever mistakes you made on it! The test is just a promotion of kaplan material ; the questions are all taken from KBB and basically imply that you need to buy kbb and/or a kaplan course to score well. Learn from the mistakes you made on it/make flashcards and move on :)

Edit: the info that they teach you is still useful though and fair game for the most part. Just not detailed enough and not the tone of the dat. It's like... You can feel not a whole lot of energy went into developing their questions. I read through KBB and added the flashcards to my anki set if it's important to you

It's not that bad tbh but not the best predictor as my frend above said. It's something nice to get a feel for stuff though and it's free

So just use it as practice not as a comparison to real DAT. Got it! I did well on it I was just curious if it compares to real DAT.
Test is exactly 2 week! Gonna review Destryoyer next week and continue taking practice tests from genius and bootcamp!
Thankss!!!!!

Reactions: 1 user