Free SAM Credits (CAP Inspector Training Modules)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

univlad

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If anyone is in need of free SAM credits for MOC, the CAP inspector and team leader training modules count for 4 and 4.75 SAM credits respectively. It's relatively simple and counts for SAM credit. Consider it if you're in need of credits!

http://www.cap.org/web/home/lab/accreditation/inspector-training

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone have other tips about getting free SAM credits? I used up the CAP stuff last year. Got CME (non-SAM) credits at meetings earlier this year. But SAM is more of a challenge.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Are you an ASCP member? They have free options.
When I log in to ASCP, it looks like I have 7 free credits to use. I haven't figured out how to use them yet or what they are good for.

I will sometimes do an occasional SAM from Medscape that's more oriented towards oncologists. Found it to be very helpful - especially as I get further away from residency.

When I log in to ASCP, it looks like I have 7 free credits to use. I haven't figured out how to use them yet or what they are good for.

They are CME credits (not sure if any are SAMs). You can search for courses that are free - usually they are case-based discussions or journal articles with questions.