Free Sample DAT Score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ScratchMan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please help me to decide if I should go for the real DAT two weeks later or reschedule... I took the FREE ADA sample test and followings are what I got.

BIO = 30/40 (raw) 18 (STD)
GChem = 27/30 & 21
OChem = 30/30 & 30
TS = 87/100 & 21
RC = 13/17 & 20
QR = 34/40 & 22
PAT = 81/90 & 23

TS = 21 & AA = 22

If the difficulty of that sample DAT is same with real one, I will go for it. However, I heard it is way MUCH easier than real DAT... And also, I could feel that both GChem & OChem were much easier than other preps (Destroyer and Kaplan)... but, the BIO was not easier than other preps IMO...

If real DAT is harder than this, my chem score will be dramatically down to about 20, and bio must be lower than 18..... Thinking about this scenario make me so frustrated seriously...

Please anyone have taken both tests (Free sample & real DAT) advice me what I have to do... reschedule or not...

For better understand about my status...
VERY old, typical non-traditional applicant, non-biology major (computer engineering), full time work (50 hrs/week), just completed preqs + biochem, cGPA/sGPA 3.42/3.4..

Look forward to hearing your valuable advices...

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Please help me to decide if I should go for the real DAT two weeks later or reschedule... I took the FREE ADA sample test and followings are what I got.

BIO = 30/40 (raw) 18 (STD)
GChem = 27/30 & 21
OChem = 30/30 & 30
TS = 87/100 & 21
RC = 13/17 & 20
QR = 34/40 & 22
PAT = 81/90 & 23

TS = 21 & AA = 22

If the difficulty of that sample DAT is same with real one, I will go for it. However, I heard it is way MUCH easier than real DAT... And also, I could feel that both GChem & OChem were much easier than other preps (Destroyer and Kaplan)... but, the BIO was not easier than other preps IMO...

If real DAT is harder than this, my chem score will be dramatically down to about 20, and bio must be lower than 18..... Thinking about this scenario make me so frustrated seriously...

Please anyone have taken both tests (Free sample & real DAT) advice me what I have to do... reschedule or not...

For better understand about my status...
VERY old, typical non-traditional applicant, non-biology major (computer engineering), full time work (50 hrs/week), just completed preqs + biochem, cGPA/sGPA 3.42/3.4..

Look forward to hearing your valuable advices...

Thanks.

Sample DAT is WAAAAYYYY easier than the real thing. Take tests from DAT Achiever or TopScore.

dont bother gauging your DAT readiness by taking the free sample test. It's way too easy. its even easier than kaplan stuff. I been only getting 20's in the science for kaplan tests but for the ADA sample test i got 24 (38/40)for BIO 28 30/30) for GChem and 25 (27/30) for OChem... man.. predents had it easy back then.....

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeh 2007 sample is much easier. I remember doing it, I think I only missed 3 or 4 of the 100 science questions (much much easier than my DAT version)

Hey Guys,

What about the 2009 ADA DAT Sample Test that you purchase? Is that also not indicative of your preparedness?

Thanks.

Hey Guys,

What about the 2009 ADA DAT Sample Test that you purchase? Is that also not indicative of your preparedness?

Thanks.

actually, recent breakdowns indicate the 2009 DAT is very similar to how you'll perform.

Hey Guys,

Thanks.

I took the paid 2009 ADA DAT and i think its not that much relevant like most people say. But its good indicator to see what you need to work on and what kind of question might be asked on the real one.

On the free practice that I took 3 weeks before the actual DAT, I got a 24AA. On the DAT, I received a 20AA. Hopefully, this won't freak you out too much. Study hard and prepare for it as much as you can with the time that you have and don't be overconfident.

On the free practice that I took 3 weeks before the actual DAT, I got a 24AA. On the DAT, I received a 20AA. Hopefully, this won't freak you out too much. Study hard and prepare for it as much as you can with the time that you have and don't be overconfident.

Thanks for all of you guys feedback and advices.

@RCLEE
I assume you are TX resident. I am also TX resident.. I've been graduated UT Austin on 2006 as BS ECE. I am planning to apply for this cycle. But, I've researched past three yrs avg stats of people who got into... It seems like requiring high GPA tag (higher than 3.6) with DAT AA20. It seriously frustrates me. And also, Baylor highly emphasize on tons of upper div bio classes... In overall, I feels I faced on huge barrier to overcome...

If you have any tips to get better chance, please let me know. All of my college friends are working on engineering and business fields so I don't have a chance to be exposed to NEW HOT information for smart strategies to get into tx dschools.

Good luck on this cycle!!!

Thanks.

I haven't been in TX for a while so I'm no long a Texas resident base on their requirements. I'll be back next month. The good news for you is that TX dental schools love in-state students. Go there personally and ask for advices on what you can do to get accepted there. Good luck to you too!

I got a 26 AA on the 2007 Practice Test and a 19 on the real DAT (first go). So, there is some disconnect....

U guys scared me... Am now trying to do paid ada dat sample test N some kaplan full length tests to see where i am standing up. Thanks for all of valuable advices.

U guys scared me... Am now trying to do paid ada dat sample test N some kaplan full length tests to see where i am standing up. Thanks for all of valuable advices.

Hey ScratchMan, I'm applying in this year's cycle too. The good news about us Texans is that our dental schools (which there are 3) have to fill, by law, 90% of their seats with in-state students. This gives you a huge upper hand. I didn't do so hot on my first DAT, so now I will be retaking, but I have to keep encouraging myself with the information I just gave you. Let me know about your interviews!