Free Sonicare

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rajan247

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know we get a free sonicare as d1 students, but anyone know what kind we get?

Members don't see this ad.

i :love: my sonicare elite

thanks santa!

syn_apse said:
i :love: my sonicare elite

thanks santa!

so fresh and so clean, thanks syn_apse

Members don't see this ad :)
Rajan247 said:
I know we get a free sonicare as d1 students, but anyone know what kind we get?

These things aren't standard issue at every dental school and it all depends on what the company reps give you. Chances are it will not be the latest one. Here at Penn we get a lot of OralB goodies.

Sprgrover said:
These things aren't standard issue at every dental school and it all depends on what the company reps give you. Chances are it will not be the latest one. Here at Penn we get a lot of OralB goodies.
Wow, these companies waste no time to start kissing the butts of the people who will buy and push their products in the future. I went to a dental convention and since I don't start D-school untill next year I was wearing a "student" nametag. Even without the "dentist" nametag I felt like I just walked onto a used car lot. :laugh:

Dutchboy said:
Wow, these companies waste no time to start kissing the butts of the people who will buy and push their products in the future. I went to a dental convention and since I don't start D-school untill next year I was wearing a "student" nametag. Even without the "dentist" nametag I felt like I just walked onto a used car lot. :laugh:

nature of the game, but you can complain if there handing out freebies to us students. I'll take the good with the bad

In my school they gave us a choice of elite or intellilclean (I think)... I chose inteliclean, so far so good. We also got an oral B toothbrush, we are spoiled... :D

my sister is a 3rd year student at Columbia, and she has gotten at least 3 sets

one of the sets is Sonicare Crest IntelliClean Professional 8800 System. I believe that's like the newest model.

All I can say is that if we get a Sonicare, we will never have to worry about having another cavity in our lives if we use the brush as directed. I am doing dental research as a full time job right now until I go to IU or Creighton next year. We have done several studies for Philips involving plaque removal. The Sonicare can virtually eliminate 90% or greater of the plaque that was originally on our patients' teeth. My mandible virtually hit the floor when I started seeing the results of what that Sonicare could do compared to a Japanese version of the brush.

Dutchboy said:

you went to a dental convention and your not even in dental school?
:laugh:

Hoosier Daddy said:
All I can say is that if we get a Sonicare, we will never have to worry about having another cavity in our lives if we use the brush as directed. I am doing dental research as a full time job right now until I go to IU or Creighton next year. We have done several studies for Philips involving plaque removal. The Sonicare can virtually eliminate 90% or greater of the plaque that was originally on our patients' teeth. My mandible virtually hit the floor when I started seeing the results of what that Sonicare could do compared to a Japanese version of the brush.

10% is still there.

Also, the sonicare doesnt do crapola in regards to flossing.

The interproximal caries will still be there!

starvinstudent said:
you went to a dental convention and your not even in dental school?
:laugh:
Ya, I went with my wife's dental office (she is a DA). I have to admit I was pretty bored. It will be much more interesting when I actually know what everything is and what purpose it serves. I went to an auto convention this weekend, much more entertaining! :thumbup: :laugh:

Actually, the thing about the Sonicare is that it is almost just as good as flossing. We saw interproximal levels lowered from 5's to 1's and 2's. That remaining 10% of the plaque was on people who had the maximum level of 5 to begin with. However, what I am saying has nothing to do with calculus.

First years at IU got the latest Oral B electric brush. They claim it's better than Sonicare Elite. I already had an Elite, so I gave the Oral B to my fiance as part of his Xmas present. :) Rumor has it we might get a Sonicare this semester or as 2nd years...

Hoosier Daddy said:
All I can say is that if we get a Sonicare, we will never have to worry about having another cavity in our lives if we use the brush as directed.

Entirely not true, and, a manual brush can accomplish the same task if brushing is done properly.

ItsGavinC said:
Entirely not true, and, a manual brush can accomplish the same task if brushing is done properly.

Yup. And caries are not totally dependant on your brushing technique alone.

ItsGavinC said:

manual toothbrushes suck ;)

lol 40 grand a year for tuition and everyones happy about getting a free 150 dollar toothbrush...they couldve easily as well tagged the price into the tuition and no one would even notice

americanpierg said:
lol 40 grand a year for tuition and everyones happy about getting a free 150 dollar toothbrush...they couldve easily as well tagged the price into the tuition and no one would even notice

this is true but the cost of education is significantly lower for an instate student. I guess those who are lucky get there sonicare at a significant discount more like 23g in tutition