I will try to remember all the free/discounted stuff we get here at Ohio State. I might forget some stuff.
- Several lunch/ dinner lectures a week. Sometimes you don't have to be a member of a club to attend and sometimes you do. Technically, if you are a member, your dues go to pay for part of the meal, so I suppose those aren't as "free." I think every vet school has lots of opportunities for free food!
- Hill's food – Get 10 lb bag of cat food or 20 lb pound bag of dog food or a case of canned food for free every month. Can also order a substantial amount more at a very good discount. Example: A case of canned cat food that would cost $25 at the pet store, we can buy for $6. You can also get the Prescription Diet for free if you have a prescription from a veterinarian.
- Free bag or case of Purina shipped to your house every month. I think you can get up to a 35 lb. bag for free.
- There used
to be a Natura feeding program if you were a member of the Integrative Medicine Club, but it has been discontinued.
- Oxbow has a feeding program for exotic pets. I don't know the specifics.
- Nutramax has a program where you can get three free products initially, then they are buy one at veterinary cost, get one free. Example: I got two bottles of Dasuquin for about $25.
- A year's worth of heartworm and flea prevention for two pets for free. You can choose between products from Merial, Novartis, Intervet, Pfizer, and Eli Lily.
- No exam fee and a 20% percent discount for your pets at the Veterinary Teaching Hospital. You have to pay off your balance by the end of the quarter.