Free time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rchuloholla

Probationary Status
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that when in dental school you don't have as much free time as undergraduate... but do you think that once i'm in dental school i'll have time to go like clubbin and/or hang out w/ friends once a month or so... Or is it really tough to find free time like that?

cuz i just got home from a party...and i don't know if i can give this up.. but if i can go to parties at least once a month i would be happy....

what is ur opinion? thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

How much time you'll have will just depend on your priorities and how smart/talented are you. If you don't mind getting Cs in every class, there's plenty of time to do other stuff. If you plan on specializing or not selling yourself short, then there will be much less time. There are a lot of people in my class who go out every weekend and usually once or twice during the weekday too. Then there are the hardcore gunners who hog up all the chairs in clinic, work in lab all weekend, and study every minute they're awake.

Members don't see this ad :)
if you really have the desire to go out, you will look for ways to get things done more efficiently. Perhaps you will stay up for one extra hour each day, and you will be more focused when you do your studying. Set a goal (have enough free time to go out on Friday and Saturday nights) and time manage to get to that goal. You'll find a way to get it done.

thanks guys.. it prolly sounded like a stupid question... but after gettin back from the party I was havin doubts bout goin to dental school cuz i wouldn't have a chance to go party or chill w/ friends... but i guess it's true; that if you set goals/priorites and study HARD when ur studyin.. you can still party hard when in dental school (well i kno it's not that easy to do... it's not undergrad i kno)

:p

oh i also noticed that there are people who are raising families and goin through dental school.. it must be TOUGH for you guys... but i know tht you are makin it possibly by settin priorites and stayin strict w/ them