Free time?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phpodguy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I've read through the threads many times, and I've seen peoples' general schedules and stuff. What sort of extracurricular's are offered/do you participate in at school? Are they pod specific or general volunteering/research/clubs? How good are schools at offering opportunities outside of the classroom in terms of volunteering, etc.? Do the schools have good relationships with the communities in which they reside?

Oh yeah, on an unrelated note, I thought I'd share my favorite tv commercial. :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2S_UOHlueY

Members don't see this ad.

Things that I'm involved are a little bit of everything, some pod club, community service, and some general junk. For example:

-Past-president of the Student Chapter of ACFAS
-President of Pi Delta Iota
-I am a member of all of the podiatry clubs

-I do puppeteer for a podiatry puppet show at elementary schools
-Toys for Tots
-Winter boots drive

-I've been part of various research committees
-I'm working on a few research projects of my own
-DMU Student Ambassador

That is a short list. I've got more activities but I don't want Ilizarob to steal my CV for clerkships. :)

Things that I'm involved are a little bit of everything, some pod club, community service, and some general junk. For example:

-Past-president of the Student Chapter of ACFAS
-President of Pi Delta Iota
-I am a member of all of the podiatry clubs

-I do puppeteer for a podiatry puppet show at elementary schools
-Toys for Tots
-Winter boots drive

-I've been part of various research committees
-I'm working on a few research projects of my own
-DMU Student Ambassador

That is a short list. I've got more activities but I don't want Ilizarob to steal my CV for clerkships. :)

Oooh...puppet show? Thats good stuff. Hang on while I write that down. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
The talking feet do more to scare the children than anything.

My puppet is a frog that refuses to take of her pink socks. And so her feet turn pink. If you'd like to know the rest of the story you will have to catch a performance at one of the local schools.

So you have to imitate the voice of a girl who's a frog?
I've gotta see this...