Freshman year disaster

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Geraldgreen1144

Reaction score
Hey,

I was wondering if my chances at a DO or MD are over.

I got a 1.955 gpa first semester and will be getting around a 3.1 this semester with an overall that should be between a 2.65-2.7.

my first semester grades were horrendous bc i was focused on someone I liked and they used me and I just screwed up by doing their work.

I am half Hispanic is that helps.
First semester grades:
Gen chem 1: D.
Gen chem 1 Lab: B-
Bio 1: C
Bio Lab: A-
Calc 1: C
Spanish : C

GPA: 1.955

second semester (this semester)

Gen chem 1: B or B- (retook online screwed me over first test bc I screwed up first test and second test. past two tests were 95-109%
Calc 2: B
Bio 2: B- or C+ (doubt)
Bio Lab: A
English: A
Religion: B+/A-

I am taking gen chem 2 over the summer

my sophomore yr first semester looks like this

Genetics
Ochem 1
Bio Journalism
Physics 1
Physics Lab
Gen chem 2 lab
English
Philosophy or History

I always wanted to go to medical school and become a doctor. I have an excuse for what happened freshman year and I know if someone responds I'm going to get scolded. But basically I was infatuated and focused on them but not me and this is just another lousy stupid excuse and I'm the only one to blame. I talked with my dean and counselors at my school and they always say I am very smart and I just don't apply myself. I have been hearing this since high school but I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

My gpa after this semester should be around a 2.7-2.8 if I plugged everything in correctly (freshman year).
I'd be more than happy to go to DO.

Members don't see this ad.

Biggest advice is that do not take Ochem and Physics together next semester---they are both really time intensive and you could end up screwing yourself over again

Reactions: 1 user