Freshmen Schedule?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Freshmenmed01

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How does my schedule look? I have to take Calc 2 because unfortunately I didn't do well on my AP test.

Calc 2
Chem
World History Class
Social Class for major that is required for 3 credits.

I kinda regret not doing well and having to do calc 2 first semester. Other people that tested out of calc are doing Bio and Chem first semester. Wonder if this will hurt me?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
This looks like a good schedule to me. And don't feel bad about having to take Calc 2. You have plenty of time to take all the pre-reqs. Besides, I don't think it would be a good idea to take two science courses your first semester anyway. This schedule looks pretty manageable, which will be great for easing into your college career. Good luck!

You can still take Bio alongside Chem with this schedule. It is very typical to do 2 even 3 science classes in a single semester. 15 hours (your schedule + Bio) is a perfectly reasonable course load.

Members don't see this ad :)
You should be fine with Bio, Chem, and Calc together, that's very standard for the freshman without AP Calc and/or AP Stats

How does my schedule look? I have to take Calc 2 because unfortunately I didn't do well on my AP test.

Calc 2
Chem
World History Class
Social Class for major that is required for 3 credits.

I kinda regret not doing well and having to do calc 2 first semester. Other people that tested out of calc are doing Bio and Chem first semester. Wonder if this will hurt me?

No. You're fine. You can make up for lost time later. The most important thing is to have the lightest possible 1st semester because getting accustomed to college can be a big challenge.

You can still take Bio alongside Chem with this schedule. It is very typical to do 2 even 3 science classes in a single semester. 15 hours (your schedule + Bio) is a perfectly reasonable course load.

You should be fine with Bio, Chem, and Calc together, that's very standard for the freshman without AP Calc and/or AP Stats

Hmm Calc 2 with 2 additional labs might be too harsh imho. Especially if the OP hasn't seen chemistry since sophomore year of high school.

Just reporting what the typical schedule here is, which is

Chem
Calc
Writing
2 elective

First semester and

Chem
Bio
Calc
2 elective

Second semester

Chem, Bio, and Calc are absolutely doable taken together

If I do this setup my second semester looks like
Bio I
Chem 2
2 electives

and my third semester looks like
Bio 2
Organic Chem I
Physics I
Elective

Would these two semesters be too heavy?

If I do this setup my second semester looks like
Bio I
Chem 2
2 electives

and my third semester looks like
Bio 2
Organic Chem I
Physics I
Elective

Would these two semesters be too heavy?
You should be fine, as long as your bio/ochem/physics semester doesn't also involve a lot of other heavy time consumers (part time job and research and sports being the usual suspects)

You should be fine, as long as your bio/ochem/physics semester doesn't also involve a lot of other heavy time consumers (part time job and research and sports being the usual suspects)
Yeah. I might have a part time job and would likely be engaged in some sort of research. I'm worried about that bio/ochem/physics semester. Wonder how common it is?

Yeah. I might have a part time job and would likely be engaged in some sort of research. I'm worried about that bio/ochem/physics semester. Wonder how common it is?
It really depends on how easy the classes feel freshman year. Cross that bridge when you come to it