From Baltimore Airport to Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sammmeyeam

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Can someone give advice about the best way to travel from Baltimore-Washington Airport to Georgetown?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Once you arrive to BWI, look for free shuttle to MARC Train Station. You pay $5.00 or less one way to take MARC train from BWI to Union Station (Washington DC). Once you get to Union Station, take the Metro to Georgetown. The people at Metro are very attentive and give great directions/advice on getting to your destination, that which for this particular example is Georgetown! Good luck.

I would like to second DNALadder's good advice, that route will cost you about $6, while a cab would be $50+. MARC and metro are both very good, and you shouldn't have to wait long (though if you are coming in late at nite, i don't think the MARC runs past 10:30pm or so), just make sure to leave yourself at least 1hr30min-2hr for this method.

Members don't see this ad :)
Check out also the shuttle services from BWI. That should run about what, $30-40? I'm not sure, you'll have to check yourself. Remember also that MARC doesn't run on the weekends or holidays.

Keep in mind that Metro (trains) do not run into Georgetown. You'd have to take a bus.

Originally posted by Wahoo:
•Keep in mind that Metro (trains) do not run into Georgetown. You'd have to take a bus.•

You can take the GUTS bus (Georgetown University Transportation Shuttle) from the Rosslyn or Dupont Circle metro stops.

It costs a dollar for nonstudents and runs every 20 mins I believe.