From PharmD to other professional programs

Started by RxGene
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

RxGene

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My question is this...I'm starting pharmacy school in August, and I will be going into it 6 classes short of a bachelor's degree. If I later decide to do another program that requires a bachelor's degree for admission, will I have to go back and complete a bachelor's degree, or will my pharmD void any need for a bachelor's?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using SDN mobile
 
Many programs will still want a Bachelor's. I applied to medical school after PharmD and spoke to several institutions that refused to accept my degree in lieu of a Bachelor's. Other schools were more flexible.

So unfortunately it is program dependent.
 
I was afraid of that. I really would have liked to finish, but I was right at the expiration timeline for my prospective pharmacy school, so I had to go this cycle. I already had to retake 2 freshman courses to meet the requirements even though I had 180 hrs, many of which were upper levels to those freshman courses. My school will only accept classes 10yrs or younger. Had I went ahead and finished my bachelor's and applied again next cycle, 2 more courses would have fallen off, and so forth. I would have ended up just chasing my tail. I decided to just cross that bridge later if/when I wanted to do another program after pharmD.

Thanks for your response. Was hoping there was a work-around.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using SDN mobile