from PhD to MD

Started by Bengisu
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Bengisu

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi to all,

I am an international student in Europe. I have a B.S in Molecular Biology and Genetics and PhD in Cellular Biochemistry. I would like to apply for M.D in United States. I am considering 3 yera MD programs. Once I heard that there is a special Md program in Miami, Florida where PhDs can get MD in 2 years. Are thre such programs around? With this CV I have, do I have to take MCAT exams?

I would appreciate any kind of suggestion and information.

Thank you very much.

Bengisu
 
Yes you need to take MCAT exams. The MCAT exam helps the AAMC compare students from different backgrounds.

MD programs are all 4 years in the USA. any program that is 3 years is a combined BS/MD program and you must enter it BEFORE getting a bachelor's degree so you do not qualify for it.

A 2 year MD program? 😱
 
At one point, there were a couple 3-year MD programs out there for applicants with a PhD in Biology. I think Duke was the last school to have one like this. But I don't believe any schools have these programs anymore.