From the communists that run SDN...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CodeBlu

Dream Weaver
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would like to send you a user friendly message...

Please refrain from bashing LizzyM, Catalystik, the Mods, oh and THIS forum.

Your inflammatory banter is just inappropriate.

We all know you stalk this forum for MCAT release dates, interview invites, acceptances and rejections. You don't like Stepford much?

The door is to your left if you're on a mac... little red button with an X on it.

If you're behind on the times and using a PC... be cool... Alt+F4.

stepford-wives-1.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Those threads were closed FAST. :laugh: What an idiot.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know... Myuu was on it like white on rice.

I wanted to comment on the photos Myuu posted... but alas, she locked and threw the key away soooo quickly.

I agree - so sad, though I certainly appreciate the pictures she posted.

Lock first. Post response later. It's a communist thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
If people talk bad about the following people, then Comrade Postbacpremed will disappear them. :rolleyes:

We all know you stalk this forum for MCAT release dates, interview invites, acceptances and rejections. You don't like Stepford much?

The door is to your left if you're on a mac... little red button with an X on it.

stepford-wives-1.jpg

stepford-wives-1.jpg
Am I the only one who has a crush on these two? I need to get out more..:(

CodeBlu don't play when it comes to trolls, he'll send some missiles right down your alley.

Just to play devil's advocate, there is something to be said about identifying yourself to stand by your words. I'm not talking about the majority of posters here, but rather about those who claim to be part of an admissions committee or other such rank. Without verification, what's to stop someone from being an imposter? I hope that wasn't bashing, but there was a point made in all the silliness of that now locked post.

Just to play devil's advocate, there is something to be said about identifying yourself to stand by your words. I'm not talking about the majority of posters here, but rather about those who claim to be part of an admissions committee or other such rank. Without verification, what's to stop someone from being an imposter? I hope that wasn't bashing, but there was a point made in all the silliness of that now locked post.

I value my privacy -- I'd also like to spare applicants the distraction of discovering on interview morning that they have been scheduled to be interviewed by me!

Furthermore, I speak for myself, not my school. It would be too easy to match my name with my school and expect that every word I say is official policy of the LizzyM Medical School.

I have provided by real name, email address (issued by my school) and so forth to TPTB and in return got the "advisor" and "faculty" badges. You can choose to trust the people who run this site or you can choose to go elsewhere.

Frankly, I do hope that I'm able to help some applicants acheive their goals or at least put their minds at ease when worries are numerous.

I value my privacy -- I'd also like to spare applicants the distraction of discovering on interview morning that they have been scheduled to be interviewed by me!

Furthermore, I speak for myself, not my school. It would be too easy to match my name with my school and expect that every word I say is official policy of the LizzyM Medical School.

I have provided by real name, email address (issued by my school) and so forth to TPTB and in return got the "advisor" and "faculty" badges. You can choose to trust the people who run this site or you can choose to go elsewhere.

Frankly, I do hope that I'm able to help some applicants acheive their goals or at least put their minds at ease when worries are numerous.

You got me, I didn't notice that until now. In my mind, that does suffice.

No need to explain yourself Lizzy M. You are valued more than you could possibly imagine. :thumbup:

I think many others here would agree that you can rest assured on this. :)

I do think sometimes the moderators come down unnecessarily harshly on people. I'm seeing 7+ year members with 5000 posts and plenty of advice shared getting permanently banned. And there's no post history available after they're banned to see how they transgressed. Maybe some of them deserved it, but at times I feel it's hard to give an honest opinion on certain topics. People are too quick to call troll.

I do not think it is necessary to doubt LizzyM's credibility here. Besides the LizzyM score a lot of what she says are a lot of general information that somewhat has very little effect on our admission process. Yes we might become more knowledgeble about the specifics, but it is not like her advice is some guarantee in acceptance to a medical school. It is not like she is sharing sensitive data that is some loophole to really get your foot into a medical school, most of the stuff is just advice. She just happens to be deemed credible enough that her advice is mostly like good.

Basically, the advice and comments that she most of the time shares is not something where serious credibility is required anyways. Rarely is it something that can negatively hurt you if you happen to take her word for it. So it is kind of silly to really be worrying about.

I do think sometimes the moderators come down unnecessarily harshly on people. I'm seeing 7+ year members with 5000 posts and plenty of advice shared getting permanently banned. And there's no post history available after they're banned to see how they transgressed. Maybe some of them deserved it, but at times I feel it's hard to give an honest opinion on certain topics. People are too quick to call troll.

To see the post history for banned people you can go to "Advanced Search" under the search tab and just type in their name in the username box and you will get their stuff.

To see the post history for banned people you can go to "Advanced Search" under the search tab and just type in their name in the username box and you will get their stuff.

I've never asked to have anyone banned (except maybe some spam-a-ramos) but I suspect that inappropriate use of PMs could get someone banned. Also, I think it is against the rules to have more than one account or to open an additional account after being banned.

I, personally, really appreciate all of your advice. It is people like you that make this site the valuable resource that it is. Thanks from all of us!

...and in the end its still the intarwebz. I cant even count how many times ive been disrespected/bashed/whatever on this site over the years. Trolls will be trolls....just ignore them bc alas everyone is a tough guy online.

I've never asked to have anyone banned (except maybe some spam-a-ramos) but I suspect that inappropriate use of PMs could get someone banned. Also, I think it is against the rules to have more than one account or to open an additional account after being banned.

Lizzy is so smart. :D

stepford-wives-1.jpg
You're don't run sdn, why are you sending 'messages' on their behalf?

and can your nose be any browner right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.