frowned upon?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scottyhoop

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For schools that require biochem, would it look bad if I don't do biochem until the summer before admittance? I am having course sequencing issues. I know I can apply without it, but is taking a req. the summer before a horrible thing? I know it would be nice to have my last summer free, but I'd rather take a summer course than wait another year. Thanks!
Scott

Members don't see this ad.

I took it as a summer course, and i was fine. no one said anything, and i had a bunch of interviews.

For schools that require biochem, would it look bad if I don't do biochem until the summer before admittance? I am having course sequencing issues. I know I can apply without it, but is taking a req. the summer before a horrible thing? I know it would be nice to have my last summer free, but I'd rather take a summer course than wait another year. Thanks!
Scott

Most schools require you to complete the required courses by spring of the year before admittance at the latest. There's no guarantee that you will pass and they need to prepare financial aid letters and the class roster during those few months before D-school starts.