Frozen PC at Test Center

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

997GT3

There is no substitute.
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has the DAT ever frozen on you before? If so, did you lose time on the clock? Or did you continue at the exact minute/second the computer froze, even if it was just for a few seconds?

Members don't see this ad.

I think this actually happened to someone on this forum. If I remember correctly they had to take it over.

I called in and asked if it's happened before and they said that, usually when that happens, the test taker resumes where he left off. I don't trust them though, so I'm asking you guys.

They also said that they eliminated paper pencil, and replaced it with "noteboard" and marker. WTF?

Yeah the "noteboard" is usually a laminated piece of paper, they got rid of the paper a while back.

Members don't see this ad :)
My test never froze, but duing my gchem section of the dat there were 5 possible answers, but only 4 bubbles that you could actually click to select the answer. the correct answer, which was E, I was not able to select. I did scroll down all the way and went back to the problem several times to reload the question, but nada. kinda rediculous if you ask me.

My test never froze, but duing my gchem section of the dat there were 5 possible answers, but only 4 bubbles that you could actually click to select the answer. the correct answer, which was E, I was not able to select. I did scroll down all the way and went back to the problem several times to reload the question, but nada. kinda rediculous if you ask me.

Did other students get that question? Did you get any news regarding it after the exam?

i couldnt get an answer from anybody. apparently the testing center never got that same complaint and ADA said there was nothing they could do, which doesnt suprise me.....whats done is done :) Good luck to all!