Frustrated Anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

girl823

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
UGA finally mailed my rejection letter and told me all the alternate spaces have been filled. This was my second time applying, I had a PCAT of 90 and gpa of 3.35, i've done everything I could and I guess that's still not good enough. I even applied to other schools and been shot down. Just really frustrated, especially when everyone asks me how i'm doing with pharmacy! :mad: I can't bare the look of hopelessness that ppl are gonna give me once they hear about my news again.

Members don't see this ad.

Wow,..with those stats, ..I can't believe you haven't been admitted yet. Do you have any pharm. tech experience, or volunteer work in the pharmacy?

I was in your situation up until today (I was pulled off an alternate list). I thought for sure since it was already Aug. 1st, that would never happen. This was my second year applying too, and I had totally given up hope. I already registered at my local C.C. to retake like 3 science courses to boost my GPA for next year. I started my Pharmcas for next year and started studying for the PCAT again. I was so down too b/c everyone keep bugging me about whether I've been accepted yet, and what is taking so long, etc, etc. It was sooo frustrating. Esp., coming from your family. :(

Hang in there! Third times a charm.....that is what I kept telling myself ;) Be persistant and reapply!

girl823 said:
UGA finally mailed my rejection letter and told me all the alternate spaces have been filled. This was my second time applying, I had a PCAT of 90 and gpa of 3.35, i've done everything I could and I guess that's still not good enough. I even applied to other schools and been shot down. Just really frustrated, especially when everyone asks me how i'm doing with pharmacy! :mad: I can't bare the look of hopelessness that ppl are gonna give me once they hear about my news again.

What schools did you apply to?

Members don't see this ad :)
x17lilac17x said:
What schools did you apply to?

I'm kind of surprised you didn't get in. What schools did you apply to besides that one?

savvysearch said:
I'm kind of surprised you didn't get in. What schools did you apply to besides that one?

I applied to South, Mercer, and UGA. I don't have any pharmacy experience, it's tough for me cuz I don't have a car. I offered to volunteer at my school's pharmacy, but too many ppl wanted to volunteer, so they rejected everyone altogether. What schools do you think I would be able to get in with my stats? I'm willing to apply to pretty much anywhere now.

OMG. AH! I haven't even applied to pharm school yet and I'm already not being able to sleep about this.

but try applying to howard in washington D.C. they are actually have trouble keeping the pharm school established, because alot of their students are not passing some tests. But at least I think it would be easier to get into, and then be smart and pass the damn tests.

I'm cold sweating just thinking about this.

Did you get called in for interviews?

When did you apply?

girl823 said:
I applied to South, Mercer, and UGA. I don't have any pharmacy experience, it's tough for me cuz I don't have a car. I offered to volunteer at my school's pharmacy, but too many ppl wanted to volunteer, so they rejected everyone altogether. What schools do you think I would be able to get in with my stats? I'm willing to apply to pretty much anywhere now.

I'm so sorry. I still think you can get in next year, but you need to apply to more schools. Applying to only 3 is really taking a risk. Do you have parents that can support you if you go out of state?

From what I read on UGA's website, the average accepted GPA and PCAT score for 2005 were 3.7 and 94th percentile. It's hard get into the school with those type of high requirements.

But don't be discouraged though, I think you should apply out of state to increase your chances.

girl823 said:
Is this your second time applying to South and Mercer also?? I know several people who were successful the second time around with Mercer - I think the key is that you have to get your application in really early with them so you will be in the first few groups to be interviewed.

Other than that, off the top of my head, you might consider Shenandoah and Wingate. Also, look at the AACP website that has stats on accepted classes GPA's and PCAT scores, and you might find some other ones that match up well with your stats. Really your stats are pretty good, especially your PCAT. What are your plans for the next year - you really should try to increase your pharmacy-related extracurriculurs, even if you can't get a pharmacy job. Do you think that you interview poorly - if so, then work on your interview and communication skills.