Frustrated regarding interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

canadianamerican

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am getting a bit frustrated with my application cycle. I have applied DO and MD. I have been relatively successful with my DO applications, receiving 3 IIs. I am okay with attending a DO school, but I would prefer an MD to give myself the opportunity to return to Canada as I am a dual citizen. At the end of the day, I would never snub my nose at DO. I just want to be a doctor. But would really like to have the option.

I applied to a little over 30 MD schools and received two Rs and two holds. My app doesn’t stand out stat wise. I have a 513 MCAT and a 3.6 GPA with a big upward trend. But my extracurriculars are above average IMO. Played a varsity sport, played it professionally as well, have experience working in public health for about a year.

I had my secondaries in immediately as my app was transmitted day one. Am I being too impatient and hard on myself or are my concerns valid?
 
no offense, but nothing about your MD app screams "select me ASAP rather than the 12k other applicants", be patient
 
I am getting a bit frustrated with my application cycle. I have applied DO and MD. I have been relatively successful with my DO applications, receiving 3 IIs. I am okay with attending a DO school, but I would prefer an MD to give myself the opportunity to return to Canada as I am a dual citizen. At the end of the day, I would never snub my nose at DO. I just want to be a doctor. But would really like to have the option.

I applied to a little over 30 MD schools and received two Rs and two holds. My app doesn’t stand out stat wise. I have a 513 MCAT and a 3.6 GPA with a big upward trend. But my extracurriculars are above average IMO. Played a varsity sport, played it professionally as well, have experience working in public health for about a year.

I had my secondaries in immediately as my app was transmitted day one. Am I being too impatient and hard on myself or are my concerns valid?
Patience is a virtue, the need for instant gratification is not.

Not singling you out, but SDNers are advised to avoid the mindset of "I sent in my applications, where are all my interviews???"
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad