Frustrated

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

newguy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took step 2 CK last week and I am so annoyed. I walked out feeling that some were easy and some were difficult. I'm annoyed to find out that for some of the easy questions I picked the darn wrong answer!!! I hate that. I absolutely hate this feeling of not having done well on an exam! Sure, I used UW and finally got to a point where I was doing quit well on the questions, but I repeated and wonder how much of it has to do with that. My logic is that if I repeat and get the right answer I'm memorizing important information, but what if a familiar screen is the only thing that I'm memorizing?

I know it's over now and nothing to do but wait, but this feeling really SUCKS! Did anyone walk out feeling that they flunked the thing and actually passed? How about actually did well when you thought you FAILED!

feedback is greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

You may want to review the large thread regarding USMLEworld scores vs Step 2 CK scores. There are posts here and there about examinees who thought they did poorly and ended up passing. Many of these people thought they bombed the exam and wound up with high scores. There is some truth to your claim about seeing a question stem and being able to select the correct answer, even if it's more of a reflex than actually knowing the material.
You should focus on your tasks at hand (ie ERAS, M-4 coursework, etc) and tyr to do well in those areas. Your scores should come back pretty soon, probably before Thanksgiving.

Thanks for replying. I thought for some reason that I would not really get a reply because most people are all done with the steps (or maybe not).

Yes, I have looked at that thread. I do see a lot of variability in UW scores and step scores. Thanks for the support. I'm trying to focus on the interviewing and my rotations, but you know, sometimes you just think about it and can get a little distracted, at least for a minute or two. Stupid hurdles we have to jump through.

If you only get distraced for a minute or two, you're doing a great job! Just tyr to do a good job with interviews and M4 coursework and your (hopefully passing) scores will arrive quickly. The scores are sent electronically from the NBME to your school on Wednesdays only, so maybe you can call your school on 11-22 and check. If not, they should be in by 11-29, even with the holiday. They're supposedly mailed on the same Wednesday as well.