frustrated

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KellyBean

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been emailing, calling CCP about the status of my supplemental application and now they tell me that they haven't received my supplemental application. In order for it to be completed, I'd have to have it in by 4:30PM today!!! Does it take 2 weeks for the mail to get from Ohio to Chicago??? Arghhhh!!!!!! Unless I have my own jet, I'm not gonna be able to get from here to there in less than 2 hours. :mad::mad::mad:

Sorry...I just need to vent

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry to hear that.... that sucks. But, maybe they'll get it today before 4:30. Stranger things have happened.

I doubt it. If it hasn't shown up in the last 10 days. Why now? I'm just so frustrated and wish I had done it sooner. :(:(:(

Congrats on your acceptance huhuhuhuuhuhuh

Members don't see this ad :)
I doubt it. If it hasn't shown up in the last 10 days. Why now? I'm just so frustrated and wish I had done it sooner. :(:(:(

Congrats on your acceptance huhuhuhuuhuhuh

Did they tell you they haven't entered it yet or that they don't literally physically have it in some huge pile of mail?

They literally physically don't have it in their office huhuhuuhuhuhhuuhuh

10 days and still not there...Why didn't I just overnight it...huhuuhuhu

That really sucks. Hopefully it will come up as they are going through stuff. Almost every school I applied to had the problem of not having something till I emailed or called to complain then it magically appeared.

does it matter if it was postmarked before today @ 4:30?

I've been calling and emailing them. I should have just overnighted another one. I just thought that it would be in their office since they're receiving so many in the last week. Oh well...there is nothing I can do now :(

Well, my friend just drove over there to drop off his supplemental like 2 hours ago. He said that there's several of those US mail crates of applications all waiting to be opened and sorted into files. So when you called to check on your application it was probably still sitting unopened in one of those crates. Well, I hope this information gives you some hope that your application made it there in time given the fact you mailed a while ago.

This is the email I got today:

We have checked your records and our pending files and have been unable
to locate your supplemental application. In order to complete and
review your application the supplemental has to be in the admissions
office by 4:30 pm today.

Sincerely,

Office of Admissions

They already checked the pending files. At least I hope they did and not just glanced at it and decided to write me back and tell me that they can't find it. It sounds like a generic email. They didn't even answer my questions. I don't even know who wrote me that email.

can't you fax it or email it at least?

lol...I wish it was that easy :) I guess there is nothing more I can do. It's ok.

Members don't see this ad :)
don't give up hope. If they received several hundred applications in the mail over the last week I highly doubt they took the time out of their busy rush to look at every envelope that is in the mail bins. Don't get too depressed for it probably is sitting there. Remember it is spring break time and staff take the time off themselves so the rest of the short staffed are overworked.

thanks frank :) you always know what to say, but they specifically told me that they looked and didn't find it. Now there is nothing I can do but to wait. I'm just glad that at least I got in somewhere or else I'd be in a worse state of mind.

One day we will probably look back and laugh at this. But for now, it's not too funny :p

I'd be frustrated as well, I guess all you can do now is hope for the best! Eaiser said than done I know..

Here is an emoticon.. don't try it at home!

+pissed+

I'd be frustrated as well, I guess all you can do now is hope for the best! Eaiser said than done I know..

Here is an emoticon.. don't try it at home!

+pissed+

hahah...that's funny, but I have a laptop and it's kinda pricey..lol...

My friend suggested I go punch the door. He is crazy. If anything, I'm just gonna punch my pillows :)

Sounds like what happened when PharmCAS lost my academic update. Man i hate this waiting game. I feel your pain

Just got my Jan PCAT score. I did a lot better, and now knowing that I won't be able to use it just kills me...arghh

I should have just overnighted another one.

Yup, don't ever trust the post office. I learned from experience, if it is something important spend the extra couple of dollars for express or at least get a tracking number.

Even if you send it certified it isn't guarenteed to arrive. my friend sent a gift certified and it never arrived, the post office told him that even so they don't guarentee it even if it is certified.

if any of that makes sense. What a load of BS really.

aww kellybean, dont feel bad. now it just means you might be rooming with me!

this same thing happened to my friend who applied to ucsf. they lost his app twice. so they ended up refunding his money :-/

hey.. why don't you fax it??? i know it's past 4:30pm in chicago but whatever. try to find a fax number on their website. worth a try.. who knows they may consider it still.

I don't think they would accept it if I faxed it over. I guess it just wasn't meant to be. Now all I can do is wait to see if anyone is going to cash my check. If they cash my check, they'd better consider me or else send me back my $50..lol..

My friend told me that he has a feeling I will end up going to Chicago, and I told him that his "premonitions" are never right..so don't even try..lol..

cheer up kellybean! :)

...and so I just checked my InteractNow and guess what??? The darn thing was posted 3/2/07 and they dared to tell me that they looked everything and it was nowhere to be found!!! Arghhh....now I really want to strangle someone for making me upset for the past few days!!!

...and so I just checked my InteractNow and guess what??? The darn thing was posted 3/2/07 and they dared to tell me that they looked everything and it was nowhere to be found!!! Arghhh....now I really want to strangle someone for making me upset for the past few days!!!

So they received it on time or it got there on 3/2? I think that admissions offices tend to play it safe when they respond to people... for example early this week I was told by Midwestern that the Admissions committee had not met yet for the Feb candidates and I would find out within the next couple of weeks. Two days later I got accepted.

If they found it then that's great!!! So you got accepted somewhere else but is this your real first choice?

So they received it on time or it got there on 3/2? I think that admissions offices tend to play it safe when they respond to people... for example early this week I was told by Midwestern that the Admissions committee had not met yet for the Feb candidates and I would find out within the next couple of weeks. Two days later I got accepted.

well congratulations. that was kind of a silly lie they could have just said yes they have started reviewing applications but you will find out within the next couple of weeks. oh well, you're in. congrats again.