Frustration!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asm028400

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So far, I have received secondaries from PCOM, TUCOM and UNECOM. My problem is that the premed committee at my school is totally dragging their feet and hasn't sent in my LORs to these schools. I haven't submitted my secondaries to these schools, but they are done and ready to be submitted. Does anyone have any advice? If I submitted my secondary w/out the LORs, do any schools offer interviews? I am totally stressed! Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

You should just send in the secondaries. I don't know if you get an interview without LORs, but I don't see why you have to wait for your letters to be sent.

asm028400 said:
So far, I have received secondaries from PCOM, TUCOM and UNECOM. My problem is that the premed committee at my school is totally dragging their feet and hasn't sent in my LORs to these schools. I haven't submitted my secondaries to these schools, but they are done and ready to be submitted. Does anyone have any advice? If I submitted my secondary w/out the LORs, do any schools offer interviews? I am totally stressed! Advice would be greatly appreciated.

If your pre-med committee is anything like mine, they do not meet over the summer. You are looking at the earliest in the middle of September before they will have your LOR finished and sent to your designated schools. It sucks, I know.

As of tommorrow, the last of my writers will have mailed their letters to my Pre-med advisory office. So, by Wednesday of next week, I'm gonna have everything prepared to make it idiot proof as to where I want specific letters sent.

The plan:
1)I will have all envelopes pre-addressed with stamps.
2)I will have a spreadsheet calling out which schools get which letters

If necessary, I will allocate a full day, and literally hound the sh..t out of the guy over there. If I need to sit in his office and stuff envelopes, I will.

But, there's NO WAY I'm gonna let some chump who doesn't really give a damn about his job interfere with whether I get into med school or not.

I've called this guy 3 times over the last week. And I've gotten ZERO calls back. But, I know he's working right now.

All I can say is that he better get his a..s moving. Or else.... LOL