F's?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AppalachiaGrrl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone have an F on their transcript and still get in? Oi...

Members don't see this ad.

AppalachiaGrrl said:

I have several (4-5) F's
but i havent applied yet

It depends on how many F's you have and from how long ago....adcoms are interested in recent grades and no an F will not kill you BUT you do not want to present yourself with F's in recent stuff.

Members don't see this ad :)
AppalachiaGrrl said:

Hi there,
There have been plenty of people who have failed undergraduate classes and still got in but like EFEX said, you should not have failed any recent classes. Sometimes folks end up being non-traditional because they had a rough adjustment to college, then matured and learned from their early mistakes. These early mistakes may show up as Fs on transcript but their later grades are excellent. You can overcome early poor grades and get into medical school but you have some serious damage control to do.
njbmd :)

I would definitely have to agree on this one. I was one of those who didn't make the adjustment to college very well, although I did better than average in high school. I developed a habit of registering for classes, then just not showing up, not dropping them, just not showing up. So now I'm haunted with multiple semesters of F's. That was several years ago, and since I've returned to school in the a couple of years ago I have a 3.97 GPA. I haven't figured out my cumulative yet, but I'm sure it's not going to help any. I've talked with a few med school representatives about this and they all assured me that it is something that they have all seen before, and they are mostly interested in what you have done lately. Don't despair!

Two Fs in pass-fail classes
One F in a regular class
Two Ds in Intro Bio (retook recently)

Got in 9/16 to Kentucky......EDP

Have no fear...

Congrats on getting into UKentucky Med :)

Now for the dense question - what is EDP?

abraxas20 said:
Two Fs in pass-fail classes
One F in a regular class
Two Ds in Intro Bio (retook recently)

Got in 9/16 to Kentucky......EDP

Have no fear...

noirprncess said:
what is EDP?

Not so dense - we tend not know acronyms that don't apply to us.

Early Decision Path/Program. I'm not exactly sure how it works, and it probably varies from school to school. Some schools have info on their EDP's on their websites.